Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Unfortunately it is going to have to go.

I guess a lot of you on here have already seen the monster project thread I started so I wont bore you will all that on here.

Liquid Yellow Megane R26
07 Pate
36,000 Miles
Full forged engine with cams built at 33,000 miles
373bhp at only 1.2 bar, loads of room for more.
Helix flywheel and clutch at 33,000 miles

Looking at Part Ex for standard - ish R26 with money my way.
Looking at a car of the value of £8000 & then £6000 cash my way. I know it sounds alot but a lot of money has gone into mine ( over £10,000 )
PM for more info

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am currently living with parents and they have decided to go there seperate ways. Our house is now sold and new people moving in after christmas. I cant afford a place of my own and the megane. GUTTED isn't the work. The meg isn't the comfortable to sleep in, I have tried a few nights lol

·
Registered
806 Posts
Hard news mate, especially as it's only just been built.... is there no way you can keep it? Surely most of the cost has been beared already, just running costs now surely?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
How much more can it cost to run the a standard one? Jst dont give it beans all day long, save on fuel, tyres and brakes.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
**** situation Joe. The majority if the cost is out the way now though. All that's left is fueling and that's only needed if you want more power. Remember a 07 meg will be due a 500£+ cambelt service soon where as yours has only just had one... New clutch, New brakes (on yet?) Your sorted for awhile now all being well.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
**** situation Joe. The majority if the cost is out the way now though. All that's left is fueling and that's only needed if you want more power. Remember a 07 meg will be due a 500£+ cambelt service soon where as yours has only just had one... New clutch, New brakes (on yet?) Your sorted for awhile now all being well.
Exactly, should be trouble free motoring for a while

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Exactly, should be trouble free motoring for a while

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm needing money for a place to live that's why it's got to go. I won't get the money it owes me if I try selling but with the spec of the car some1 maybe interested in part ex and a bit of money my way. Bear in mind I've spent at least £10K on it. I am pretty gutted. If I knew I had to find a place to live 6 months ago I wouldn't of spent the money on it, you just never know what's round the corner! CHEERS DAD!!!

·
Registered
989 Posts
I'm needing money for a place to live that's why it's got to go. I won't get the money it owes me if I try selling but with the spec of the car some1 maybe interested in part ex and a bit of money my way. Bear in mind I've spent at least £10K on it. I am pretty gutted. If I knew I had to find a place to live 6 months ago I wouldn't of spent the money on it, you just never know what's round the corner! CHEERS DAD!!!
keep the car if its paid for try and crash at a mates for awhile until you get on your feet im sure someone will help you out! selling the car should be a last resort but that just my opinion :)

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts
what the hell im guna put mine on the line :-D how much cash your way? 26k 2008 FSH :-D

Edit: actually no i love mine haha but out of interest how much would you be looking maybe someone will have the funds

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
****ter man. that really bad news.

i'd be snapping it off you if i hadn't just bought a house myself! problem is it's christmas so alot of people wont have the kind of money you need sitting about... try and hold on see if you can manage, find a solution.

bunk up with some mates, girlfriend? flat share? you can rent rooms for like 2-300 a month these days

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
I feel for you mate a bit of **** luck there. I honestly don't think you will be gaining much by getting rid, like already said you've spent the money already so should have nothing more to spend and you don't know what you may need to spend on a new motor. are the running costs that much higher on yours? I can only imagine the insurance is a lot different.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Insurance is £2000 a year paid it off in 1 £600 of my own money the rest on interest free credit card. Otherwise it worked out at £2400. The car is still on finance so I got 12 months of £300 a month left.

I'm doing my best to sort something out I think I'll turn into a gypsie lol

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Sorry about your situation.
Hope you get sorted.
As this is in the for sale section don't forum rules state a price must be advertised? I'm only saying.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts