Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car isnt getting upto temp very quickly and temp gauge sits 1/4 of the way recently, thermostat time. Havnt even looked but can anyone confirm where it is, from memory if standing at front of car is it on the left of the battery in that housing? So easy enough job?

anyone used a pattern part or should i pay the extra for a oe renault one?

cheers

·
Premium Member
4,798 Posts
Yeah mate just to the left of the battery. I have to remove my dump valve ans silicone hose to gain access to it.
3x 8mm headed bolts hold the housing face on.

Im on my 3rd of 4th stat now as the standard renault ones kept failing! I now use a pattern part that does have any rubber sealing the valve when closed, as they kept splitting and allowing the coolant to circulate constantly.

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers! Yer i thought that was it, il just take the hose off that goes to the throttle body and thatl be enough room.

So you reckon go pattern?

·
Premium Member
4,798 Posts
Yeah mate just take the hose off from the tb to the boost pipe and youll have loads of room.

Its your decision what thermostat you want to use, but the renault ones dont last long unless it was a bad batch?...
The renault stats cost me £12
The pattern part cost me £14

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah mate just take the hose off from the tb to the boost pipe and youll have loads of room.

Its your decision what thermostat you want to use, but the renault ones dont last long unless it was a bad batch?...
The renault stats cost me £12
The pattern part cost me £14
Parts have warranties though, if it failed straight away take it back.
tricky decision then, both cheap, which one will last longer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts