Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to be doing my first track day soon in my 225 and was just wondering on what essentials to take any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
Helmet
Recent service and oil change followed by a good inspection of the vehicle prior and post track day.
A good accurate pressure gauge (not one for a fiver from hell frauds).
A good electrical pump (again digital).
A spare litre of oil.
A spare .5L of brake fluid.
A Bottle of coolant.
A roll of tank tape.
A decent trolly jack
A Torque wrench (I buy one every year for £20 and throw it away at the end of the season).
A towing eye and towing rope.
I always carry spare brake pads
An empty car (so many people have ****e floating round their car on a TD).
A long sleeved jumper
A pair of thin soled narrow trainers (karting boots are about £30 - just don't use em on the street).
Your insurance and vehicle recovery details
Track insurance
Both parts of your drivers licence.
Plenty of fluids (for you) it will knacker you out.
Thats a starter for 10.

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
instruction instruction instruction instruction in no particular order :). you won't regret it and I think it will be the best £30 you will spend all day. other than that just take your time and enjoy yourself.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If possible, get there early to walk the track (if it's permitted).

Try less, enjoy more, keep an open mind during the day. :)

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
I just empty the boot,drive to the track,change tyre pressures and drive.
You can have fun on track with out going over the top.
Mind you, that's the one thing that doesn't have so many regulations in Germany compared to the UK
In the end you just have to be sensible.
The last few times I've been to Hockenheimring,I never went on track, as there were so many cars out on track driving like lunatics.
The R26 will more than likely just be a track car,after Easter,so then I'll use it when ever I can.

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
Dont burden yourself down with "stuff". Ideally you want a fairly empty car.

I take 2 sports bags - 1 with bits and bobs for me - some extra clothes + food and drink, oh and a towel for some reason??!!
- The other with a few bits and bobs for the car - torque wrench, duct tape, engine oil, that sort of thing.

I tend to screw in my towing eye before i leave and most circuit have air and water lines you can use foc.

Stay chilled and dont go out in the first 30 mins or so is always my approach. Way too much testosterone kicking around at the very start.

Dont forget your lid and of course...your camera. Youll love it.

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
Anywhere, Screwfix Autosport international machine mart. Clarke or Record. Just chuck em after a season and don't forget to unwind them after use.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
A tank of fuel helps too...

Study the circuit before hand, watch a few YouTube clips of it and get your name down for some early instruction. You WILL need a tow eye on the front.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts