Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I own 1 so I may be slightly biased...

Pros. MPG, Looks (Same in all the range), Handling (Cup Chassis), Quite nippy (Esp with a remap)

Cons. Can be a bit of a money pit. (Window regs, Wheel Hubs etc.

There will be more than this but, personally I wouldnt change mine. Love her to bits.

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
Pros, looks, handling, will keep up with lots of cars, especially when tuned (200 ish BHP). Good MPG compared to the R26/225. Cheaper road tax and insurance. Fantastic and very reliable engine. Doesn't sound like a diesel (to much).
Cons, everyone thinks it is a 225/R26 so should be a rocket ship. Usual 225/R26 niggles.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pro's i'm happy with :) Cons I can live with! I would be looking at getting it mapped with the upgraded intercooler and different things. I need to change from my RS200 Clio to diesel due to work change etc.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Pros: drives aswell as the petrol one. Better if you do mileage (I do 50 miles a day). You can get a glass roof which is by far the best option.

Cons: I haven't really experienced any on either of the 2 I have had, but the biggest may be colour choice.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone seen any decent ones for sale?
I can only find a few - theres a black one, 57 plate with only 26k miles on - std interior though

·
Registered
61 Posts
having owned mine for 6 months i really couldnt fault it untill monday when one of the valves snapped when pumping up tyre, normal 225/r26 fault though so cant grumble too much, i love mine still to get it double checked to see if its been mapped, and what map it has if it has been,

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
having owned mine for 6 months i really couldnt fault it untill monday when one of the valves snapped when pumping up tyre, normal 225/r26 fault though so cant grumble too much, i love mine still to get it double checked to see if its been mapped, and what map it has if it has been,
This happened to three of mine last year within a few weeks of each other.

I would recomend the lux pack. Leather seats, auto lights, auto climate, auto wipers and keyless entry are all great.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i'm not worrie bout tyre valves going, something I can cope with and know a man who knows a man :)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
When i had my wheels powder coated i got the tyre pressure sensors removed and had standard valves put in and then turned the system off using a renault clip,they are a pain in the back side...

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Bought mine last Sept so far loving it apart from issues with DPF - now removed, much better :)
Cup pack is a must rest down to personal taste.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts