Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
Our RS is into the dealership tomorrow to finally have the 'misted up' headlight changed. Question is, we had it in a few wks ago (new headlight fitted was faulty,got debris in it). The book time for the job was 55mins, just shy of 3hrs later we got the car back with the Reno mechanic saying it was an epic job, bumper off and other bits just to swap a headlight!!
Now, is the mechanic right, bumper off to replace or is the booked time of 55mins right? If its 55mins then i'm kinda worried that they're stripping bits off the car that the job doesn't need. More so that he doesn't know how to do the job.
Any Reno staff out there know the book time / procedure for headlight change?
Better still, has anyone changed one and how long / what process did you undertake.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Bumper probably does have to come off as there may be a bracket that need unscrewing underneath. However 3hrs to remove a bumper skin and change the headlight doesn't sound right. 55 mins sounds reasonable.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the head lights come off dead easy on the 250 , half hour tops !!
Something told me this might be the case, how easy tho buddy? I wanna walk in there tomorrow and point out that the bumper doesn't need removing and that all that needs doing is...........

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
I am still waiting for mine to be done for the same reason. Requested last November. Still bailing it out and covered with gaffer tape and leave rear cap off when hot and dry.

The jury is out on the level of dismantling and work needed. Book said [I was told] 55mins but in reality!!
Two dealers say longer and not met anyone who has done one. I tried to get out out as to change bulb but it moved 5 mm and stopped so did not want to damage any thing.

On the Astra VXR it was bumper off and it could be left to swing on everything or disconnect.
Not too happy so still holding back. Getting a decision from Renno next week and for Rear lights misted and lumbar support slipping.

Cheers Andy

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Andy.
We got ours resolved by Reno cust services pretty quickly, had to moan quite a bit to get it resolved though. We'd only just picked the car up and pointed it out within a day so I guess that helped getting it done sooner rather than later. Good luck with getting it sorted, ours is being done as 'non warranty' repair with Reno picking up the garage bill.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Once we get back later today I'll let you know the official book time, hopefully the process to replace i:e bumper off or not and the actual time it takes.

·
Registered
250 Posts
You need to remove the bumper just as you have to on every car. Would take me a couple of hours and three beers.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Had h.light replaced today, took just shy of 2hrs, bumper def came off to do they said. Actual book time is now 1.5hrs for the RS.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I tried to get out out as to change bulb but it moved 5 mm and stopped so did not want to damage any thing

Cheers Andy
are you removing the spanner shapped metal bracket and the bolt ? the light should slide out about 100 mm then i believe you can release the light from the sliding bracket , ive not done it my self but a mate has

·
Registered
669 Posts
Your renault mechs are definitely smoking some weed. It takes less than 5 mins to remove the RS250 headlights -

1. Slide out the metal retainer tab from the headlight.
2. Use it or a socket to undo the single bolt.
3. Slide the headlight towards you.
4. Lift it up. You're done.

Redd

·
Registered
758 Posts
Your renault mechs are definitely smoking some weed. It takes less than 5 mins to remove the RS250 headlights -

Redd
thats exactly what i thought , my mate removed the lights before the bumper

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Redd
I saw this similar procedure on the Reno website but I can say that, unless i'm doing it wrong, the headlight does not come out. Just fitted white leds for the side light 'yellow' bulbs, got a 10mm socket, took out the 2, not 1, retaining bolts, slid the headlight forward to access the bulbs. After sliding it forward it did not seem to me that it could be removed, didn't want to force it as I had no reason to remove it. That said, the o.side one slid forward, the n.side one would not slide forward, only a tad, had a b*llache getting my hand in to pop off the rubber cup then change the sidelight bulb. If the can be removed this easy then I don't know how. Mine are the bi-xenon, self levelling directional type, not sure if they're fixed in different to the std halogen ones???

·
Registered
46 Posts
I didn't have to remove the bumper when I replaced the bulbs on mine 10 min job if that haha 2 10mm bolts, pull tab up and boom! Headlamp out.

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Hi Banana.
I removed the 2 bolts and flipped the plastic tabs.
BUT did not remove the spanner bracket as used a socket.
I get it now. I will retry.
Thanks for feedback

Andy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts