Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
225 full fat Inferno delivered on Wednesday morning.
It was 7 AM and I was leaving for work. I had to leave the car at home all day until I returned from work. The day dragged but I did have time to take the owners manuals in to read. Got home Wednesday night and took her out for 1/2Hr drive. The car is solid and the build quality is very good. I have a BMW 320 sport as my company car that is going back at the end of the month. I was expecting the Megane to be of a lower quality compared to the BMW. How wrong could I be.
The car was washed last night so it was spotless for my drive in today. Unfortunatley the drivers alloy was curbed before delivery and I did not notice the fault until I washed the car last night as it was dirty due to the drive up from Birmingham.
The car is parked in a secure car park at work and the amount of people that have looked back at it is unbeliveable. Although it says Megane on the back it looks so different that it gets so many looks.

I get some photos up next week.

Ok here is the link to the photos, including the alloy that Ade is trying to sort out for me (thanks Ade of buymynewcar)

and the alloy

Thanks buymynewcar for you superb and profesional service.

Unle

G

·
Great news Uncle, shame bout the wheel, but lets not focus on the negative. Sure looking forward to you gettin some pics up of your pride and joy, welcome to the fun zone. Look after yourself m8 and don't push it too hard till your used to it.

Happy easter Phill

·
Registered
105 Posts
nice one, exactually what i got about a month ago, except i had the cup pack fitted. The car sits a lot lower.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
how much lower mate as i was thinking of putting on the lowering spings, I was concerned that the cup pack would make the ride to harsh. The std is not to hard so I think the cup back would have been OK.

·
Premium Member
12,190 Posts
Looks awesome uncle, nice and clean!!

That alloy's seen some action though aint it!! :shock:

I'm sure ade will sort it out and you'll be propper happy once its all done,

Lovely motor mate!

G

·
uncle said:
photos now added to first post
CoNGrAtZ! Uncle! Looks fantastic! It really does! (in fact, Im using one of your pics as a my desktop for this week!)

Are you bringing it to the FCS?

We also have an inferno 5 door Full Fat! I think its a fantastic "compromise"between practicality, looks and GO!... Dont you think? What made you go for the 5 dr?

I think not that many people are that keen on the 5 door, but IMO the Meggy was conceived as a 5 door... The overall design looks much better resolved in the 5 door than in the 3 door version... but again thats my opinion... And if to that I add the practicallity, its a no brainer... I personally wouldve gone for the cup pack, but the 225 was already the result of a "negotiation" with the Mrs. (its hers actually) so I cant complain that much even though we both use it 50/50.

G

·
Uncle,

Looks great m8

Sorry about the wheel, drop me a PM with the details of your local / preferred stealer...

They will replace the wheel and sort the rear cluster...

Good luck !

Ade

1 - 20 of 36 Posts