Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would post and say hello from Eastbourne. Looking forward to getting a Megane soon and becoming part of the community here.
Sorry if this has been asked a thousand times but im looking to buy either the Trophy or Cup. Anyone recommend which one to go for or should I save some money and go for the 225. Would the difference be that huge ?
I have just posted in the wanted section and am keeping my fingers crossed.
Thanks for any advice.
Cheers, Nick.:)

·
Registered
387 Posts
Trophy's only came in grey but have a few carbon bits on the inside. Cup has the same chassis but loads more colours available. dependants what you want

·
www.rsmegane.com
11,432 Posts
Trophy's only came in grey but have a few carbon bits on the inside. Cup has the same chassis but loads more colours available. dependants what you want
this in short, both very capable cars, not much to choose. I'd go for a trophy.

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
it's all down to budget mate as if you an go for the r26 if not either the cup or trophy are awesome. the cup and trophy are pretty much the same car except the trophy has a few more nice to have creature comforts.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, budget is 5K max. No one has suggested yet that I go for a low mile 225 and then get a remap ?

·
Premium Member
1,279 Posts
Trophy all the way mate, I waited a few months for one to come up near me and I would never look back. Its the same as the cup with extra features like hands free entry and keyless start and other little bits.

I've seen a couple for sale for under 5k, if I see any more I'll post the link for you.

sent from my Xperia arc

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the links mate.
The 1st link has sold as I have already been in contact with him, your 2nd link i had been mulling over that one already this evening, and your 3rd link doesnt seem to work.
I have even seen a few F1s touching my price range but didn't want to creep into the 70k mileage bracket if i can help it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a couple of other Trophy's that I have in mind also but all of them are the other end of the country from me. Why do they never seem to come up on your doorstep until you've bought one or don't want one dohhhh

·
Premium Member
1,279 Posts
No probs, the third one is just an eBay search there's 4 but one is sold.

Yeah the first one was a steal IMO and the second sounds ok too, f1 for 5k that sound good! I'd still go for a trophy ad there is only 150 in the UK with only 500 made I think number 500 is for sale in eBay.

I've just put the anthracite trophy/cup decals on mine and I can say I'm well chuffed with the result.

sent from my Xperia arc

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No probs, the third one is just an eBay search there's 4 but one is sold.

Yeah the first one was a steal IMO and the second sounds ok too, f1 for 5k that sound good! I'd still go for a trophy ad there is only 150 in the UK with only 500 made I think number 500 is for sale in eBay.

I've just put the anthracite trophy/cup decals on mine and I can say I'm well chuffed with the result.

sent from my Xperia arc
Chatted with dealer about No.500 Trophy today as well lol hopefully be going to see it this week and if good buy this week. Thats the plan anyway.
Then I go and see a car like this which I think is a bargain

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180751344184?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

·
Premium Member
1,279 Posts
That does like nice, but it's not unique, not half leather, no arm rest and not hands free.

Personally I'm not keen on how much blue there is on the seats but that's just me.

It all depends on what you want really, a rare and unique or something a little newer!!!

All the megane 225 range are good cars to live with and drive, just do some home work first, when I bought mine I had the dealer replace the steering hub bearings as they were on the way out and that cost them the best part if 1k plus.

So just make sure you give it a good test drive.

sent from my Xperia arc

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That does like nice, but it's not unique, not half leather, no arm rest and not hands free.

Personally I'm not keen on how much blue there is on the seats but that's just me.

It all depends on what you want really, a rare and unique or something a little newer!!!

All the megane 225 range are good cars to live with and drive, just do some home work first, when I bought mine I had the dealer replace the steering hub bearings as they were on the way out and that cost them the best part if 1k plus.

So just make sure you give it a good test drive.

sent from my Xperia arc
Thanks for the advice Minchy

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
for your budget mate just try and get a nice low mileage cup or trophy. look in autotrader there is a couple of decent looking cups with 30k for 6k.

·
Premium Member
1,279 Posts
That is cheap like! Go have a look and if it looks clean and straight and drives well then I think you'd be daft not to go for it, it's one of my favorite colours too.

Just make sure everything works as it should, timing belt been done, pulls well in all gears do about 60 in 6th and plant your foot to check clutch doesn't slip also check steering making sure it self centres after going round a corner, if not then that's a sign of hub bearings on way out. Like I said everything you can touch check it works.

It's my job to road test cars and anything you can touch has to work!

sent from my Xperia arc

1 - 20 of 42 Posts