Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
i have a RS 182 at the moment but it is not quite big enough and can't get a towbar so i am thinking of a focus st or megane 225 but i would like a towbar fitted so i can put my fishing stuff in a trailer or tow my motorbike to trackdays.
does anybody know if one can be fitted?
Thanks
Mark

·
Premium Member
12,190 Posts
This came up a little while ago,

I'd say go to a welders and get them to custom fit one for you and have the bull removable so when you don't have your trailer you would never know it was there.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks
bloody Renault with their exhaust design :lol:
as for having one made up it's against the law if it is not "type approved" it has to go through a lot of tests and if one is fitted that is'nt type approved and you have a accident you are not insured

·
Premium Member
12,190 Posts
182mark said:
thanks
bloody Renault with their exhaust design :lol:
as for having one made up it's against the law if it is not "type approved" it has to go through a lot of tests and if one is fitted that is'nt type approved and you have a accident you are not insured

Never heard that one before....

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
a bloke at a towbar centre told me that when i was enquiring for the 182 and also the sticker on the inside of the door with the paint code, vin no etc states a max towing weight and on the 182 it has 0000kg's
basically renault have registered the car as not suitable for towing.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
182mark said:
Hi
i have a RS 182 at the moment but it is not quite big enough and can't get a towbar so i am thinking of a focus st or megane 225 but i would like a towbar fitted so i can put my fishing stuff in a trailer or tow my motorbike to trackdays.
does anybody know if one can be fitted?
Thanks
Mark
Cheapo Knackerd van and a nice 225 :D

Paul

G

·
What's going on thats 2 people on this forum that are considering put towbar on there 225 :shock:

I think we need to do some sort of screening before we allow people like this to join the club :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.