Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After driving about 10mins I pulled over to pick someone up and just as I pulled away the toxic fume filter system warning light started flashing orange. Put my foot down a little and went off, only stayed on for about 10 seconds. Drove it for 25mins after and no light.

The car runs well, pulls well in all gears ect, but on idle when I stand next to exhaust it sounds like it has a little "cough" but nothing that has really concerned me till now.

Should I be worried? Just spent a lot of money on the car and can't afford for anything else to go wrong.

·
Premium Member
5,759 Posts
Its misfiring on idle. Time to spend some more, probably injectors. It wants sorting before it eventually destroys the cat.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for letting me know. What would be the best way for me to find out if its injectors (or coils ect)?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have only had the car a couple weeks and only put standard petrol in it. I am going to put a tank of V power in it and try some injector cleaner (BG44K or Redex). If I don't see the warning light flash again would you say I am in the clear?

The car is having no flat spots or misfire when driving.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What do u mean spit? It has a slight "cough" on idle but very faint. Its not a constant smooth noise coming from the exhaust, it just sounds like it has a faint cough if that makes sense.Can not notice when actually sitting in the car just can hear it when next to the exhaust. It idles fine from cold and when hot, i have never seen or felt the idle fluctuate.

Cars a 225 Ph1 on 45k miles.

·
Premium Member
5,759 Posts
I mean exactly what you describe, usually points to injectors. If they are the originals they'll be well past it by now.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The toxic fume light came on in my 225 Trophy today.I put it down to giving it too much throttle before the engine had warmed up properly.I have only been using it for short trips this week and a lot of condensation had built up in the exhaust.Took it for a blast down the bypass and all seems well now.We shall see!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts