Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
yeah aint been to impressed with em not sure what to get next though my fronts are well shagged was thinking of good year directional tyres, has anyone used theese yet :?:

G

·
contis, i thought they were shat after paying £175 squid for one tyre (after a blowout in one) i told the chap at my local holburn this he seemed amazed and thought they were the best on the market

think he was after commision

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
im running goodyear eagle F1's and i think they are the nuts.

Myself and jamie noticed that they use yokohama's on the brands hatch 225's they have there,

G

·
two questions

dont yokies burn up after a week or is that just a myth

Are directional tyres much noisier ,not that i really care just summit the twat said at holburn

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Dave, I'm presuming its a typo mate and you have either T1-s or T1-r Toyo's. I've always used Toyo's and at £241 per pair on the Meggy I dont think you can go wrong. They show all the same Traction, Temperature and Wear ratings as the Goodyear F1's and cost a fraction of the price :D Wouldnt wipe my arse with Yoko's theyre just to soft for a front wheel drive 225bhp motor thats used on a daily basis.

·
Site Admin
20,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
asmith225 said:
Dave, I'm presuming its a typo mate and you have either T1-s or T1-r Toyo's. I've always used Toyo's and at £241 per pair on the Meggy I dont think you can go wrong. They show all the same Traction, Temperature and Wear ratings as the Goodyear F1's and cost a fraction of the price :D Wouldnt wipe my arse with Yoko's theyre just to soft for a front wheel drive 225bhp motor thats used on a daily basis.
Ha typing error of course, although i will double check which ones :lol: :lol:

G

·
had federals on the CTR and theyre superb, very cheap, decent life as well. Always had michelins before (RS clio), supremely impressed with them and a lot of the CTR members use them as replacements for teh bridgestones.

G

·
Just got a some 235 Vredestein Ultracs on the back they are a good tyre can tell the diffrence even if it is only on the back ...

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Topper225 said:
Just got a some 235 Vredestein Ultracs on the back they are a good tyre can tell the diffrence even if it is only on the back ...
I got them all round, they were great on my mondeo in the same size as the meg but i cant get the buggers to grip on the meg. Understeers like a good un. Has anyone tried the sport maxx tyres? Am i right in saying they are bespoke ones on the cup pack?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts