Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right I know there is a million of these posts already so for that in sorry but I'm in need of some specific advice (q conley) on what was covered in a recent thread of mine.

I've just booked to go oulton park next week and need new pads now I have decided to run two sets of pads ie one for road and one for track as I feel I want the best of both worlds and a pad specified to do the required job.

I've used the cl rc5+ before and found it good until worked too hat and pad fade came in so I have been looking at the rc6 as its track replacement ad the oem brembos for the road.

Now are the rc6's ok for travelling to and from a track is my first question as this is a must its only going to be me driving when these are fitted (not the missus going to asda) so are they ok?

Next question is it advisable to put a set of ds2500's in the rear and for them to stay on for track and road or would they need changing for road balance also?

Sorry for the mountain of questions but I'm after a pad set up to suit my style of track driving and my initial thoughts were of the above combo. any thoughts or advice really appreciated.

Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know what your saying Steve but I'm after a proper track pad as I'm more than happy to swap them for the days I do. I was under the impression the xp8 was a road/track pad?

·
Registered
111 Posts
And don't beleive all what you read on the forum, I run the xp8s on road and their awsome mate
I agree I had these in mine and they were amazing on track with no fade and had a good bite from cold.
The only negative was brake squeal at low speeds on the road ! But mine was mainly a track car. I also had DS2500 in the rear and they are fine for track and road

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree I had these in mine and they were amazing on track with no fade and had a good bite from cold.
The only negative was brake squeal at low speeds on the road ! But mine was mainly a track car. I also had DS2500 in the rear and they are fine for track and road
did you find the balance of the car ok with the 2500's at the rear?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
cheap options, EBC, bad press on here, i find their more than good enough and a very good price, red wear eaisy but yellow seem better, also from speaking to josh, clio cup pads are good and about £90, he runs those, sure thats what they where anyway lol

·
Registered
111 Posts
did you find the balance of the car ok with the 2500's at the rear?
Yes very good balance. I had tried yellows front and rear, cl front yellow rear, DS 2500 front and rear then finally carbotec front DS2500 rear and that was by far the best setup

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Right I know there is a million of these posts already so for that in sorry but I'm in need of some specific advice (q conley) on what was covered in a recent thread of mine.

I've just booked to go oulton park next week and need new pads now I have decided to run two sets of pads ie one for road and one for track as I feel I want the best of both worlds and a pad specified to do the required job.

I've used the cl rc5+ before and found it good until worked too hat and pad fade came in so I have been looking at the rc6 as its track replacement ad the oem brembos for the road.

Now are the rc6's ok for travelling to and from a track is my first question as this is a must its only going to be me driving when these are fitted (not the missus going to asda) so are they ok?

Next question is it advisable to put a set of ds2500's in the rear and for them to stay on for track and road or would they need changing for road balance also?

Sorry for the mountain of questions but I'm after a pad set up to suit my style of track driving and my initial thoughts were of the above combo. any thoughts or advice really appreciated.

Thanks guys
You shouldnt have much of problem with the RC6 on the road for transit once they have bedded in. Any doubts, bang a set in and see how you go first.

DS2500 for the rears? They should be OK. Not far off the CL RC6 coefficients for balance. Just monitor them, particulalry if you are starting to crank up your track braking requirements.

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
I know what your saying Steve but I'm after a proper track pad as I'm more than happy to swap them for the days I do. I was under the impression the xp8 was a road/track pad?
Carbotech quote xp8 as a track pad.
They do a more extreme xp10 aswell.

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Carbotech quote xp8 as a track pad.
They do a more extreme xp10 aswell.
I stand corrected! I thought the xp8 was similar to the cl rc5+ as a road/track pad. either way from the views of most on here it sounds like its similar to the rc5. I'm going to go. for the cl rc6 up front and the ds2500 at the rear for track and the standard brembos for road.
I will feed back on here Saturday no doubt and hope not to be asking the same question again!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts