Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
could anyone whos been before explain about the track time as im a little confused, theres one for £25 and one for £75..
whats the differance and what are the track times etc? this would be my first track day so would like a little more info on what happens etc.. cheers guys

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
stay away would be my advice, its at combe this year isnt it? if so combe is not the place to do your firts td leat alone a sessioned one with idiots lol.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah its at combe lol, why do you say that ? whats a sessioned one?? lol sorry im thick

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
sissions are where they let x amount of people all out for normally 20-30mins at a time then swap for a different group. tbh these kind of days where alot of people are at the standard of driving is normally questionable imo and as a novice your best out of the way. dont let me scare you off td's can be safe and enjoyable if you do it right, id get to a track with big runoffs and get some instruction for your first time, donnington and bedford are pretty good for this and have pletny of td's through out the year

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm I might take your advice on that one then. I thought it cheap for a track day, I know what you mean. It's not my driving iv got to worry about its other people's like you say, bunch of idiots lol, might just go for the one session probably be safer that way won't get my car smashed up hopefully lol cheers mate.

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
it isnt cheap mate. its normally £25 for a session and a whole td can be had for around £150 at those two track for a whole day. combe is not an easy track either, i went to a action day a couple of years back at combe and the track was themed like you say and in on session we saw about 6 spins on one bend lol, i swiftly decided to save my money :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought £25 was cheap for a session? Lol, oh dear! It says on the website about booking It now lol, if I went to the show an decided there wasn't to many idiots about would I be able to pay on the day an go on the track for a session? I'm new to car shows and haven't got a clue lol, cheers mate :)

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
I thought £25 was cheap for a session? Lol, oh dear! It says on the website about booking It now lol, if I went to the show an decided there wasn't to many idiots about would I be able to pay on the day an go on the track for a session? I'm new to car shows and haven't got a clue lol, cheers mate :)
depends if they are fully booked or not mate, £25 for 30mins max compared to £150-200 for 8 hrs?? maybe cheap compared to £200 but for value for money a full day is best, you will even be better off once you have added you tuition on :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ah yeah I suppose, tbh mate I'm not sure I would wanna thrash **** out of my car for 8 hours round a track, at least half hour I'd have some tyres and brakes left lol, might just leave it an go watch everyone else lol

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
Ah yeah I suppose, tbh mate I'm not sure I would wanna thrash **** out of my car for 8 hours round a track, at least half hour I'd have some tyres and brakes left lol, might just leave it an go watch everyone else lol
a few of us in here go quite regularly, admittedly I've not been for a while but me personally, I normally have 20-30 mins in track then a rest of the same so your not on track for 8 hrs solid more like 3-4 which is about right for me but I'm a tight arse :)

best thing to do is go to the day see what you think and book on if you fancie it.
or come along to a td that some of the guys on here are doing and jump in with them for a few laps as vice versa and just get a feel for how the day works and track is etc :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
are any of the guys on here going on the track at fcs this year then? might see if i can jump in with someone for a few laps lol :)

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
are any of the guys on here going on the track at fcs this year then? might see if i can jump in with someone for a few laps lol :)
worth an ask but I imagine most would share my opinion about the sessioned days like that :(

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Best bet is a Renault sport day. Tuition is £10 and driving standards tend to be higher than open or sessioned track days. You also meet a load of lovely Renault people :)

Also agree with comments, Bedford is good for 1st track day, just need to remember that it is not an f1 test day but a track day!

·
Club Member
7,528 Posts
Does anyone bother with insurance for their track days ? Really keen on one of the RS days
I'm fully comp for all my track days , I pay £540 through mannings uk as I say I'm fully comp on road and as many track days as I like with all my modifications listed, also I can run with any tyre

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
I'm fully comp for all my track days , I pay £540 through mannings uk as I say I'm fully comp on road and as many track days as I like with all my modifications listed, also I can run with any tyre
i didnt know you did td's steve? is this something your looking in to doing?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts