Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at buying a second-hand 250, will be using it as a daily and for around 5+ trackdays a year. Wondered if anyone is tracking there's and if anything need upgrading to cope with track use (brakes, engine mounts etc).

Will most likely be running on R888 or Federal 595RSR on seperate wheels.

Thanks

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. What performance friction pads do you use? Are pagid RS29's available for the 250?

Has anyone messed with the geo on their megane, for more camber/castor? And also have you changed to braided brake lines?

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
Im pretty sure the rear is fixed back end and front are fixed similar to the old R26 so toe will be about it. I use PF 07's and 01's. Mines an R26.R Ive done discs pads and lines.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Im pretty sure the rear is fixed back end and front are fixed similar to the old R26 so toe will be about it. I use PF 07's and 01's. Mines an R26.R Ive done discs pads and lines.
Have you used those on the road at all? Last time I looked at PF's they seemed suitable for track use only.
I've been using the CL5+'s on the road (they're very good on the road) but they're dusty as hell. I'm looking for a good fast road pad that doesn't squeak.

·
Registered
669 Posts
i cannot recommend the CL RC5+ pads. had them for a few months, did a couple trackdays, average braking distances increased! went back to stock and am much happier now.

redd

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
i cannot recommend the CL RC5+ pads. had them for a few months, did a couple trackdays, average braking distances increased! went back to stock and am much happier now.

redd
I had a completely different experience. Far better braking distances with CL5+! Better initial bite and very progressive as the force is applied.

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
I had a completely different experience. Far better braking distances with CL5+! Better initial bite and very progressive as the force is applied.
I used CL5+. Braking was good but the pads (like everyone else's it seems) fell apart. PF seem to be excellent but my .R is my track car. I would not recommend them for road day to day use. But then I wouldn't recommend most track pads for road use. Looking for a track pad that doesn't squeal or produce high dust is like looking for a race car with back seats.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I used CL5+. Braking was good but the pads (like everyone else's it seems) fell apart. PF seem to be excellent but my .R is my track car. I would not recommend them for road day to day use. But then I wouldn't recommend most track pads for road use. Looking for a track pad that doesn't squeal or produce high dust is like looking for a race car with back seats.
Yeah I thought that was the case! I'll just have to keep my road pads on for normal use and switch to the CL's (or Pagids) when I get to a track.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
You can drive on any pad. You just have to drive sympathetically to the pads.
Of course, but I've tracked both the OEM pads and the CL5+'s were siginificantly better. Unfortuantely I drive the car every day and squeaky pads (especially in the summer when the windows are open) are most annoying!

1 - 20 of 82 Posts