Ive spoken to a contact at work about a possible trip for some members to the factory. This is a chance in a lifetime as the factory is strictly open to invited visitors only.
Let me make this clear before i start that at this present moment we are not going. However to support our application to goto the factory i need possible number of people that would like to go.
Enstone is the home of the Renault F1 team and everything apart from the engine is constructed by hand at the factory. I myself have been to the factory before and you get to see a hell of alot of things. This included when i went there.....
* Design Studio
* Carbon fibre fabrication area
* Making the moulds for the parts out of resin (This bit is crazy!!)
* Parts workshop.
* Car construction area
* Electronics Design and testing area
* Wind Tunnel
* When I was there we also got to see the portable housing lorry where the team works from.
Let me state some things that i can tell you for sure IF we get the ok to make the booking.
* There will be a STRICT MAXIMUM of 12 places available for the tour.
* There would be a fee of appx £50 +/- for those who do attend.
* We will only have 1 visit on 1 day. This will be a weekday only
* The visit would last an afternoon 3 hours +/- appx
* We would need to make a list of possible dates to propose to the factory for the visit.
* If we are allowed to make a booking then the date could be anytime in the next 12 months!
In addition to posting yes/no please can you post some serious reasons justifying our wanting to go and how going there will help renault's image.
PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD SERIOUS AS IT MAY BE USED TO AID OUR APPLICATION.
More info can be found here about the enstone site.