Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
Has anybody got any tyre recommendations for these alloys. We have the ff Conti Sport Contacts on there but they offer no protection to the alloys whatsoever!! The alloys were all unmarked but i've slightly clipped a kerb twice now, when I say slightly I mean slightly. Made nasty burrs on the most outer edge. Are there any tyres that provide at least some kerb protection. We have alloy insurance but they need to be sent away as they are Diamond Cut and with no spare to see us thru, its a bit pointless having the insurance!! Any ideas, please, no 'avoid kerbs and watch wtf you are doing' jibes, its made me sick inside to know i've clipped 'em already.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Also in the same situation, be interested to hear if there are any better tyres with rim protection for the 19" alloys

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
It think it's going to be pretty difficult to get much rim protection on a 35 profile tyre :S

I know how you feel though, I have to drive through a very narrow road every day and today I clipped the curb slightly thanks to an idiot in a Mondeo coming the other way not moving over as far as he should have. The PS2's on the 18's offer pretty decent rim protection, I wonder if they would help on a 19?

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
not 100% sure the size is availiable but vredistein sassanta s have good rim protection and are a great tyre
Cheers bananaRS.
Still got loadsa tread still on the conti's but i'll check these out when I need some others. Did look at alloygator rim protectors but they look pretty rank and supposedly fall off at speed so gave that up. More careful parking up springs to mind for now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts