Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just after a few opinions on which are the cheapest, acceptable, capable 235/40/18 tyres for road use. Don't think i will be on a track anytime soon.

I know tyres are very important and we shouldn't scrimp on their cost, but new tyre time has come at a time where tax, clutch, flywheel, service and a few items needed to pass mot (anti-roll bar link and headlight adjuster) and an abs computer fault needs attention.

Currently have Vredestein Sessanta's but they have worn very quickly. I have read lots of reviews on here but cant really make a conclusion.

Any advice and links would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
274 Posts
i just got 2 new Falkens on the front and i have to say there really good £110 each i wont be wasting £200 on a tire again thats for sure
I gave the falkens a good test as well as it was wet and cold today,

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The same site has

Vredestein Ultrac Centro's @ £112 (does anyone have any experience with these?)
Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta @ £112
Hankook Ventus V12 @ £114.68
Hankook Ventus S1 Evo @ £122.24

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have had the mich PS3's and the PS2 as well the bridgestone potenza all around £200 a tyre and i just cant and wont wast that kind of cash again the performance is so tiny most but due to the name and the car comes with these from the factory

·
Premium Member
2,462 Posts
Not go wrong with the vreds or hankooks.

I've got evo s1's on the front and can't fault them,the price for the s1's are shooting up though!

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
If the Hankooks are around the same price,they are the only ones of the above that constantly do well in tests

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, I have just had a look on camskill, they have both the Falkens at a decent price

£89.90 for the ZE912
£94.14 for the FK452

They also have Avon ZZ5 @ £112.10, any experience with these, reviews seem ok.

I like the reviews of the Hankooks better though. But as was mentioned earlier, the S1's are going up in price.

Is the much difference between the S1 and the V12 Hankooks?

Just to throw another one out there, I have read

"With Fulda being part of the Goodyear Dunlop brand, and the Fulda SportControl both looking and feeling like the original Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric, could the Fulda Sport Control be the ultimate performance bargain?"

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've heard good reviews on Avon zz3's!

What about toyo t1's??
Never used t1s but did use the toyo t1r on my previous clio ph1 172 and they didnt last at all, went through them within 5k miles easily.

The t1s on camskill at £120 a go isn't bad, as long as they will last more than the t1r.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Don't compromise! Have a look at the second hand market for a bargain. Piston heads - classifieds - parts - wheels and tyres is a good place to start. Seen new top brand tyres at budget prices over the last few weeks. £400 spent on something your not entirely happy with is alot of money wasted IMO.
For example, I won on eBay 4 r26 alloys booted in 2 ps2's with 7mm tread and 2 Bridgestone re50a with 7mm of thread for £450. Take the value of the wheels of, say £60 each and I got top tyres for not alot. Just an idea as I believe tyres are the most important part of the car.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts