Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basicly what the title says. Who can disconnect the tyre pressure sensors to stop Tyre pressure sensor fault coming on screen.
Cheers

·
Premium Member
947 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I have just removed the TPMS on mine and replaced them with standard valve,surely if you have them disabled via a clip theN they wouldnt be able to check the TPMS as part of the MOT??

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have just removed the TPMS on mine and replaced them with standard valve,surely if you have them disabled via a clip theN they wouldnt be able to check the TPMS as part of the MOT??
Correct, the new MOT rules will only take TPMS in to account if the system is active and if it is it has to be fault free. De-configuring it in CLIP to simply switch it off will not trigger any warning lights or give any sign that the vehicle has the system so is not going to be classed as a fail.

I do this for so many people although i do get the occasional "can you program a new TPMS valve set" on the Lagunas

Mick
Diamond Motors

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well mick I might have a job for you in the upcoming weeks. I've brought a new set of alloys with new valves fitted without the TPM and would like the TPMS turning off.

Just out of interest can you re-program it back on if needed?

Cheers

Jacob

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Prob not matey cos I charge £10 for it... I personally have to pay Globeaid for my CLIP subs though so it has to earn its keep.

Whats the advantage of paying a sub? Does this come with access to renault.net?

Or are you paying a sub just to have the CLIP... As in leasing it from Globeaid?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.