Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right then I got 4 nee tyres fitted today and when they took the front left wheel off to let it down the valve snapped so that meant they had to put a normal valve in!
My question is can I just replace the valve or do I have to buy a full new sensor as there is nothing wrong with the sensor just the valve?? Also if I can replace the valve will my sensor need to be reprogrammed into the car a it's just sitting in the house and it says on the dash tyre pressure sensor fault??

Has anyone got a old or spare sensor or sensor valve lying about that they don't want or want to sell it cheap?? Must be working though!

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I got all mine removed when i had my wheels powdercoated as they are a pain in the backside as they kept breaking then got them disabled via a clip job done

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,759 Posts
You will have to buy a new valve and sensor (about £25) then get someone who has clip to code it to the car.

·
Premium Member
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers lads, think I will buy a new one to go on as I've had no prob with mine, then it keeps the car original.
Just need to find a cheap one.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
take all 4 out, the dash will show your missing wheels, go to a mates or handy little garage that has clip, get the code reset and the sensors disabled, you then can use normal sansors and the little car on the dash shows tyres as normal and no fault code, chris off here did mine with his clip. just remeber to check you tyres lol

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Exactly what i did saves messing around when they break which they usually do eventually...just make sure if you do remove them you disabled them otherwise your car will fail an mot as tps fault has or is due to become part of the test...

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Think I'd rather still replace it, saves me checking the tyres every week lol.
Just hope u can find one that's not over priced and find someone to program it in.

·
Premium Member
5,759 Posts
Never had any problems with mine barring them physically breaking. Any alerts when its cold is usually because the tyres need inflating as the pressure has dropped with the temperature.

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
Decent tyre fitters should always be aware of tyre sensors,if they break them when removing the tyre,the cost is down to them.
This year the new law comes in that all new cars have to have TPMS,luckily a lot manufactures will be using the ABS sensors etc to moniter wheel rotation and tyre inflation,instead of the sill valve sensors.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts