Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had first service today and while it was in i asked them to have a look at the tyre sensors as they dont work because the wheels are off another 225.I didnt tell them they were different wheels and they want the car back for further investigation.If i take it back in will they know or will they just reset them under the warranty
Thanks

G

·
Yes they will know as each valve has a unique code.. When they try and recode then the new numbers will appear. They may start asking questions..

If you have a decent dealer then you may well get away with it.. If the dealer is a Tight ASS then you will get charged 1/2 - 1 hours labour..

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have seen else were in the Forums that if you disconnect the bat for a period of time the ecu will do a search for items attached to the car once power is restored. The new sensors will be picked up on thew scan and should work again.
Have you seen this done webcode.

Uncle

G

·
nope it dont work :( i snapped one off and tried this when andy b fitted my induction kit ( he had the batt tray out to get at the cold feed pipe ) it just came back up TYRE PRESURE SENSOR FAULT

G

·
i dont think ill bother getting mine tuned in again they aint worth a wank , according to my screen i have two punctures but after a few minutes they are suddenly ok
unless i have magical tyres that is :?

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Mine have been well worth having, the missus has had 2 punctures now one of which was on the motorway. She had time to get out of the car, look at the tyre, get back in and ring me to say the screen was telling her she had a puncture but the tyre looked o.k.

She then got back out and checked it whilst on the phone and it had gone completely flat, if she hadn't had the sensors I know she probably would've carried on driving for a while and f*cked the tyre.

Turned out the tyre was not repairable anyway but driving at 80+ with a flat tyre and 2 kids in the car is not wise.

No problems with them yet (after 2 years) and they will be staying on.

·
Registered
92 Posts
mine have definately worked. The wife went don't a pothole and put a slice in the tyre, it picked it up almost immediately. I've also had a slow puncture in the front tyre and i use it as a reminder to pump the tyre up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts