Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
had my front wheels off today and noticed that the inside of each tyre there is about 1mm less tread than the outside, thought I had at least a couple of mm left until I needed a change now it looks like it will have to be sooner.

I was wondering if it would be the suspension set up? anybody else noticed this

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
get the tracking checked,but 1mm difference is quite normal .Tyre rotation will help you to get another few thousand miles out of a set.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
don't want to rotate them as I will end up replacing all 4 at once, dont think it is the tracking as it is consistant on both side so must be suspension set up

·
Registered
53 Posts
leave em on for a few more k's mate and they.ll start falling apart like mine did. On the conti's that is...
I have a row of coin sized 1-2mm deep holes consistently dug around the inside of the tread.
Thats what happens when you run em on a 50 degree trackday with already little rubber left...
Was quite a shock to see though

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
don't want to rotate them as I will end up replacing all 4 at once, dont think it is the tracking as it is consistant on both side so must be suspension set up
if the tracking is out it will still effect both tyres.Rotation is the best way,and saves a lot of money in the end.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I checked all 4 of my tyres last night and they were exactly the same as is, the inside tread row was 1mm shallower than the outside.

Do these cars have a slight negative camber?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They must do
Getting some new tyres in a couple of weeks going for vreds I was pleased with them on the focus st

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just to dig this back up, I had 2 new PS2's fitted yesterday and I checked the tread as soon as they went on and the insides are 1mm less than the outsides - guess its a design feature and not the 250 doing it.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
This tire wear is a consequence of front suspension setup (lower kingpin offset) and is to be expected in Megane RS.
It's the same in Focus RS as well (but not ST as it has a different construction)

This is my 1st post on this forum so hi everybody!
I'm driving a Focus RS 2009 today and will be changing to Megane RS 2012 in may.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts