Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went trough another set of tyres so it's that time again have Michelin pilot sport ph2's but would like a change something sticky road use only recommendations appreciated 馃槼

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ye had sp contact 2 at start loved them just never fully happy with the michelins

Registered
well i've read a few people on here say that the 5ps are the best tyres they've had on the car after having PS2/3s or conti 2 or 3. However i've read they maybe dont last as long as a set of ps2s, but if you're not bothered about life and just want better performance it looks like the 5ps are the best on the market.

Registered
Got fed up of dunlop maxx so tried marangoni mythoy instead, find them a lot better car feels a bit more nippy in front line, and steering has become a bit lighter plus only 120 per tyre. cornering feels just the same aswell.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Never used federal before you're not the first to recommend not bad price either and ye I can get the super sport in 225 size but bloody costly

Registered
Anyone noticed Renault have put 18" bridgestones on the swansong Clio 200 raider.
They must be getting good results with 18" re050 rubber aswell as the 19" on the 265.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Always found the Bridgestone rubber very soft and got no life at all out of them grippy though

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I suppose if I want a good grip tyre I'll have to put up with a short life span 馃槥

Registered
Ps2's are a great summer tyre and last a long time imo.

If your looking for much better dry grip than these, you might have to look at semi slicks which are not ideal for all year road driving.

Premium Member
I suppose if I want a good grip tyre I'll have to put up with a short life span 馃槥

If you want all round ability at this time of year,go for the 5P,but they do only last 7-9k
Using the federals this time of year would be only for the brave.

Premium Member
i had the contact 3 lasted for 20000km safety marker great grip, hankook RS2 30000km safety marker great grip, now runing the hankook S12 evo 2011 30thweek production, grip is amazing though the lateral handeling is still wobly as the break-in period is about 5000 km and i am still on 3500 km the car is RStuning ST2 no wheel spin in 2nd but have to wait untill they harden a bit more and se how it goes.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts