Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right then people, I have just recieved a fastchip RS tuner from Paul.

When trying to Read ECU it gets to 99% and then says unable to read cal on this ECU. I've tried to update the firmware but this fails also. Pleeeeaase help!!
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
What exactly does the error mesaage say? I had a similar problem when trying to pull my old .cal off. Henk said the ECU was locked by the previous tuner. Paul managed to pull it off and read it but I'm sure he has much more complex softwere.

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It says as above. Paul was the last guy to map my car. I bought this so I could put my car back to stage 1 without having to travel up to Leeds.

It will be a complete waste of money for me if I have to go there anyway. I am a bit confused with it all to be honest. Did you have to buy a map from the website?? I thought it came loaded on the box??

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
I don't think anything is 'saved' on the box allthough the premium version may be able to If It can record in light data. It's just an interface AFAIK but I have the bog standard fastchip RS tuner so could be different. I couldn't extract my .cal in the end. Once Henk told me I couldn't I didn't bother trying again.

Have you asked Paul about this?

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was hoping he might see this. Only got it tonight. Did you have to buy a license?? I mean if I have to buy a license aswell I've forked out £350 to lower the performance of my car. Paul said he could provide me the files but how do I get them on the car??

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
I needed to as I bought my box S/H. From what I understand yours should be fine though as it's new. I never did remap it with Henk's map once finding out it was allready mapped. Paul will more than likely email you the stg1 file and you then load it but you need to pull off you existing stg2 .cal or that will be lost when you load the stg1.

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I'm confused then. The fastchip website is so confusing. I'll just wait and see what henks got to say then. Maybe it's because I haven't got a map on there that it won't read the stage 2 map?? Time will tell.

Cheers for your help

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
If your trying to read a cal file that was made by paul with the RSTuner, you cant.

Paul's maps are locked.

You can however, write a free stock cal file that you can download from fastchip, or maybe paul can send you one.

You will loose the cal file that is curently in the ECU.

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, so I have had the files required and loaded the stage 1 onto the car. WOW how much of a difference has it made. When I had the stage 2 map it firstly didn't seem that different but coming back down to 1 it's opened my eyes.
Anyway does anybody know if you can reset fuel trim on the RStuner? I'm sure I saw it on there the other day but I can't find it now.
Also what are the trims supposed to be when running well?

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
I'm not sure on the differences (If any) of Paul's RST box compared to Henk's but you can't reset the trims on my box - You need a clip to do re-programing. Long term trim fuel trim should be 50. Short term should be the same but will alter when driving to an extent.

Beaten to it.... Allthough saying that, my long term trim is at 62. No idea why it needs to be so high to maintain AFR?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts