Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to order new face lifted 225 yesterday at local dealership only to be told they weren't taking orders on them till Feb :? .Does anyone know otherwise.

G

·
i spoke to my dealer the other day, they didnt even know that reno were bringing out an F1 model!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the salesman that i deal with told me that i shoud be sitting in his seat as i knew more about there cars than they do :lol: :lol:

G

·
this is the same with me when i was buying my meggy, the guy didn,t have a clue about reanaultsports.

how much do these guys get a year
:lol:

·
Founder
8,209 Posts
My local dealer knew all about the F1........from this site! Its seems odd to me but they dont seem to get any press releases or anything for the RS range. The dealers round here hardly ever even have them in stock, its the same with the clios, they knew the new RS is coming in May and that it has 200bhp but no other details and thats probably going to be renaults biggest new car release for 10 years.

I do find though that the sales people tend to fill in the large gaps in their knowledge with a healthy dose off good old bullshit :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
very true

I had the same feeling. As I was waiting for my car to be delivered I felt that the dealer didn't know a lot about the car. Things like standard equipment and extras, so I only really knew what I was going to get after I got it.

About new models they are light year aways. I think it was only due to luck that I got the real deal (steel gray, cup pack, 18" alloys, cabasse stereo)

Those guys really need to subscribe to this forum.

Pics here:

http://www.gfoto.com/UserAlbum.asp?uid=42CEF23B6D48437A8B5B5A7A522692CC&alid=

and the first impressions about the car at this topic address:

http://meganesport.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41

G

·
Slightly off topic but I had the local Ford dealer ring today chasing an enquiry I made about the Focus ST (about 2 months ago!).

Told him I was no longer interested as I had bought a Megane 225.
His reply was that it sounded nice but he wasn't familiar with that model!

So a major competitor to their new ST and they know nothing about it?! :roll:

Conversely, my local Renault dealer seems to be pretty good on the Renaultsport side and usually have at least one model (usually a Clio 182) on the front.

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
It is nice driving a rare car but doesn't it annoy anyone that people don't take it seriously???

I used to find the same with my 172 and got comments like 'its only a Clio'!!

Seems to be that petrol heads know more about cars than people who work in the trade. :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
12,190 Posts
Sod peoples thoughts of its only a megane!!!

Let the tarmac do the talking... :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts