Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am due my belt change and water pump soon and will be getting it done in april sometime and i have a question about the water pump.

My friend was doing the round on the Bimmer forum as he intends to start modding his 135i and a lot of people on there say that he should get an uprated water pump to cope with the extra power etc. My car has a FMIC and stage 1 RS tuning map, would an uprated water pump be a good idea ? is there any benefits ? .... does one even exist ?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I assume that a water pump on one car does the exact same job as one on another, so why would someone think it would help when modding ?

Is it them just being stupid ?

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
He said uprated so no to cornflake box, it would have to be a frosties box - they can handle the flow better.

·
Premium Member
5,759 Posts
BMW/german cooling systems are appaling. Hence the avaliability of uprated (read build/designed properly) pumps for them, they just need thermostats, thermostat housings and radiators and they'll be laughing. (oh and probably the odd vicious fan in there too)

·
Premium Member
5,759 Posts
They will have an electric pump on the turbocharged models for post shutdown cooling but otherwise they are normal belt driven affairs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts