Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm stuck trying to get the front bumper off the meg.

Have the screws out the arches, and the 5 10mm bolts out the underside of the car, the black push screw things and the plastic bits of trim from under the bonnet (and the ones that were holding the top of the bumper) out, freed the black plastic clips around the bottom of the light clusters and have the bumper really loose round the bottom of the car.

But... it seems to be stuck on something around the top of the light clusters? Been tugging and pulling at it for about 30 mins and can't get it off, also fairly convinced that something is going to snap :sweat drop:

Any pointers greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
806 Posts
You have to be so careful with those clips..... i've found they're strong enough to flex the top of the bumper and leave a crease in either side if you're not careful!

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So while i didn't break the clip on the headlight, I may have removed the majority of the mating half of the clip from the bumper...

As it turns out pulling till you think something is going to break and then keeping going while certainly removes the bumpers does also pose the risk of actually breaking something. Nothing a spot of quite set epoxy couldn't fix though. :yes[1]:

Having seen how they work I reckon next time would be much easier, there are some small holes in the top edge of the bumper that a well places screw driver could open the clips with. 130W main beams is like having the sun on the front of the car, would never have been able to change the lights through the service hatches.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just been out for a run in the car :)

The night breaker plus's in the dips are so much better than standard still with a very sharp clean cut off so shouldn't glare oncoming drivers. Its like being out in an oem xenon car.
The main beams are hilarious and brilliant all at the same time they are unfeasibly bright (which IMO is a good thing). Not sure what I think about the LED sidelights, def brighter and a nice clean white light (unlike the horrid orange light from the old ones) but up close you can tell it is an LED bulb as the light obviously comes from multiple points.

Changes the fog lights while I was at it, although not for any real purpose other than I could. Also put Phillips silver vision indicator bulbs in. Cleans up the look of the front end IMO although it wasn't too obvious with orange bulbs on account of being a yellow car.

Will get some photos up later to show comparisons.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
For future referance...

I have posted a full set of the workshop manuals in the Guides section, it is sticked at the top.

It will show you pretty much how to strip the car to single components and everything inbetween.

P

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
I'm about to do this over the winter to fit a new intercooler.

Not really looking forward to it, but no rush tbh, it takes as long as it takes.

Fingers crossed.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so i used arctic's guide from fitting an air feed for how to get it off. The really tricky bit is IMO what to do about the clips round the top of the lights. If you can see some pictures of what the clips are it should help you a lot!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I broke the clips whilst fitting night brakers...

You will get people flashing you all the time thinking you got your mains b's on. Worth it though

1 - 12 of 12 Posts