Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I come here in a moment of need and have searched the internet high and low and can't seem to find anyone with the same issue, so I thought I'd start my own thread.

So came home tonight and got out the car locked it with the remote and went in the house, no problem expect when I looked out the window, the radio display that shows the time and temperature was still lit up displaying the normal info. So I get out to the car and no matter what I do (turning the car on and off, stereo off/on and opening closing door etc) the display just stays on. I also notice that the drivers door no longer cuts the power to the stereo where it used to.

One other thing to note is, on a few occasions when I was farting about opening and closing and locking, the alarm made a solid bleep sound until I unlocked the car again.

It's a 2008 R26 if this is any help with the keyless entry.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Chris

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Most prob a fuse blown on the radio side of things. On the alarm side, sometimes my alarm has a head turn like that. More often than not its a switch on the door, bonnet or boot. Open them and close them again and it's sorted.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey

Thanks for the reply.

Just tried all the fuses and there all completely fine. Is there a fuse on the stereo that could cause this? (don't know why I first thought of this site before the fuse box but never mind, blonde moment)

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
All fuses checked? There's some in glove box and some in engine bay but unsure if they will feed the radio?
Some of the clio radios had a fault that would cause that in cold weather. Try disconnecting radio and connecting it back again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok so I checked all the fuses in the glove box as someone on a different thread mentioned a live switched fused as well as the radio fuse.

I'll try disconnecting and reconnecting, need to lookout the bit of paper with the radio code on it now anyway ;)

I've been in the car all day and it's still warm so I would doubt that however it has been coldish the past few nights but no where near what it's been. Ill keep you updated in a few minutes

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right I've taken the stereo out and put it back in and still the same situation.

Should the screen remain on with the stereo completely disconnected? It stayed on the whole time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I humoured you there and it's most definitely not the stereo fuse or the cigarette lighter fuse. :crying:

·
Meganesport Area Rep - South West
6,404 Posts
The radios were a pain in all models think it was megane 2 as well. Did you disconnect radio and then lock the car. And did you check the cig lightet fuse

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
At first I only disconnected and reconnected it but Sadret89 suggested that I also lock the car too but to no avail. Tried that fuse too unfortunately.

This has puzzled me completely

1 - 10 of 10 Posts