Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,190 Posts
Hi mate, i'll answer for wayne!

Yep they are Real Xenon HID 8000k so are bluer than the normal xenon's but look awesome!!

We sell the morette lights for £370 and the xenons for about £180 for the set.

So not tooo expensive, looks good though!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
shinyautos.com said:
Hi mate, i'll answer for wayne!

Yep they are Real Xenon HID 8000k so are bluer than the normal xenon's but look awesome!!

We sell the morette lights for £370 and the xenons for about £180 for the set.

So not tooo expensive, looks good though!
Adam,

How hard is it to fit xenons to a regular megane? The Oz cars only come with Xenons if you bourght the Cup, and that only just came out here late last year. If it doesn't break the bank I'd be well keen.

·
Premium Member
12,190 Posts
Hi mate,

Its really easy to be honest.

Take your front bumper off, (if you have skinny arms your sorted You won't need to take it off!!)

Un plug your old halogen bulbs and plug into the new ballasts, then fit the xenon bulbs into your bulb mounts and securely mount the ballasts.

JOB DONE!

All of the kits come with instructions but it is really not a big job to do..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
shinyautos.com said:
Hi mate,

Its really easy to be honest.

Take your front bumper off, (if you have skinny arms your sorted You won't need to take it off!!)

Un plug your old halogen bulbs and plug into the new ballasts, then fit the xenon bulbs into your bulb mounts and securely mount the ballasts.

JOB DONE!

All of the kits come with instructions but it is really not a big job to do..
Geez, if its that easy, I'm sold. i thought it onvolved heaps of fiddling about with electrics as the entire light/control system had to be changed. What price is a basic kit going to set me back?

·
Premium Member
12,190 Posts
No mate its a straight forward job.

If you can get a postal address to me via pm, i will work out a shipping cost to Aus. and then i can give you a total cost all in.

Thanks again matey.

·
Registered
5,724 Posts
im a bit confused :? if you have xenons on your meganeRS does this replace the bulbs with xenons of a higher intensity ? or non xenon bulbs.

or

is this an addtion to MeganeRS`s (or any megane) that dont have xenons to give it a xenon look or is it a real xenon convertion kit ?? i.e is it just high powered blue blubs that look xenon or is it a full xenon kit

ANSWER ME NOW !!!

lol :lol:

ohh btw car looks great what wheel size are they ????? 19" ?????

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Premium Member
12,190 Posts
Questions question questions :lol: :lol:

We can get xenon look bulbs for about £14 which will give you a xenon look but not the same power as a real xenon HID kit.

The kit i'm talking about above is a full gas discharge kit that replaces your standard halogen bulbs...

:wink:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
shinyautos.com said:
No mate its a straight forward job.

If you can get a postal address to me via pm, i will work out a shipping cost to Aus. and then i can give you a total cost all in.

Thanks again matey.
PM Sent Mate,
Dave

PS, how do just the xenon look-a-like ones look like?

·
Premium Member
12,190 Posts
Willl sort the quote out for you in the morning dave.

The Xenon look-a-like are better than the halogen versions but not a spot on real hid's.

Xenon look-a-likes are great for adding in your main beams and your fogs!

But i would go for the real thing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
shinyautos.com said:
Willl sort the quote out for you in the morning dave.

The Xenon look-a-like are better than the halogen versions but not a spot on real hid's.

Xenon look-a-likes are great for adding in your main beams and your fogs!

But i would go for the real thing.
Thanks matey,
Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm considering the HID kit, i've heard the light is much better. I'm just a bit dubious about doing the conversion myself.

Is it really that easy?

For £180 do i get everything i need to install the HID kit myself and have it working?

:?:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.