Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I stuck V power diesel in my 175 dci on the was back from a 140 mile round trip. On the way there it was doing 36.5 mpg with a fairly heavy right foot and after filling up before leaving to come home it was doing 41.5 mpg at the same speeds...... has this anything to do with the fuel or could it be there are less hills on the way home lol?

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
It is advertised as giving better fuel consumption but I doubt it would give that much more!

You probably find that subconsciously you were being a little easier on the throttle knowing you had changed fuel and were wondering if it would improve the mpg.

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
when I had my gt I used a combination of both and I found very little difference. like already said it may be a sub conscious effect.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
You probably find that subconsciously you were being a little easier on the throttle knowing you had changed fuel and were wondering if it would improve the mpg.
I did that when I swapped over to Vpower. I mentioned it to my passenger that MPG was better and he said I was driving slower than my mum lol. It does help though but only 1-2mpg IMO.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha ok cheers thats fair enough.... I was going at the same speed as had the cruise on both times... was quite pleased tho as after 70 miles the needle has still barely moved off full and I wasn't nice to the throttle!

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
I think mine runs better on v power. However I'm very aware that its basically massively subjective and I'm probation imagining it!

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
I've tried V-Power diesel and the economy benefit doesn't justify the cost premium, and yes i'm talking about diesel. I do about 500 miles a week so plenty of testing time.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Did you have a headwind in either direction?

I get about 2 mpg better with v-power on long motorway cruise runs than with 95 Ron petrol.

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
Did you have a headwind in either direction?

I get about 2 mpg better with v-power on long motorway cruise runs than with 95 Ron petrol.
Sometimes, but at a 2mpg advantage it doesn't pay. There's no earth shattering difference but still no benefit in £/mpg.

PS i'm talking diesel v-power as per the original question, when using petrol I'm not really interested in economy.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Sometimes, but at a 2mpg advantage it doesn't pay. There's no earth shattering difference but still no benefit in £/mpg.

PS i'm talking diesel v-power as per the original question, when using petrol I'm not really interested in economy.
Quite. It is possibly to make much bigger economy savings by driving in a more economical manner, it can be surprisingly satisfying in a totally different way to going out for a "spirited" drive.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
I definitely don't see the point of thrashing it on a long motorway journey. It's like a scaletrix. May as well relax and cruise it

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
Quite. It is possibly to make much bigger economy savings by driving in a more economical manner, it can be surprisingly satisfying in a totally different way to going out for a "spirited" drive.
I agree there! In the week I like to chasing high mpg, i'm sure some call it "sad" but there's more than one way to enjoy driving. I'm basing my opinion on the fact I drive in the most economical way I can and the added benefit of v-power diesel didn't show a justifiable benefit to me. But that's just me :)

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
I only run mine on Vpower, i've not really noticed any difference in mpg. But if your concerned about 1-2mpg your driving the wrong car..

·
Premium Member
3,292 Posts
I noticed a difference in performance and mpg, with the mpg i gained an extra 7-10mpg round town, now hitting between 30-33mpg and on the motorway have seen upto 45mpg

1 - 20 of 30 Posts