Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody purchased a valve spring kit for forge dump valve, noticed that the setup from k tec dump valve releases pressure just about all the time any info would be great cheers.

·
Premium Member
4,798 Posts
Yeah iv bought the kit from forge.
I changed to a blue spring with no shims and it seems to keep the valve closed better than the standard green spring, but i dont run standard boost so maybe a yellow spring would be better if your car runs a standard map?...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I changed to a blue spring with no shims and it seems to keep the valve closed better than the standard green spring, but i dont run standard boost so maybe a yellow spring would be better if your car runs a standard map?...
many thanks bud

·
Premium Member
4,798 Posts
No probs. the kit is about £24 delivered from forge.

Email peter at forge and see if you can buy the individual springs?

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Why stage you running chap??

Isn't it normall

Green 5-15psi
Yellow 15-23 psi
Blue 23-30
Red 30+

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Mine does this as well. I'm on the standard map and using the green spring with 2 shims. When driving at a constante speed I can hear the dumpvavle releasing presure.

Maybe I have the change to a heavier spring altough Forge recommends the green spring up to 0.9 / 1.0 bar.

·
Premium Member
4,798 Posts
I dont really run a stage mate as i feel stage 2 is only a uprated intercooler.

Spec of my engine is:
Forged cp pistons,Steel cat rods,Acl race bearings,Balanced bottom end,Helix clutch and flywheel,Cat custom camshafts,Ngk iridium plugs,Siemens 630cc injectors,Forge actuator (yellow spring),Forge dump valve (blue spring),Forge silicone hoses,Modified standard airbox,Itg panel filter,K-tec 3" cat back exhaust,Miltek decat pipe,Forge fmic, forge blanking plate.
Still running standard turbo as i cant decide which one to buy.

I think i run about 23psi so its right inbetween the end of the yellow and start of the blue springs recommended pressures....

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Ok a lot effort had gone into your car then.

I understand why you mean about stages.

I'm running around 255-260 ish I take it I should be running a Yellow spring?

·
Premium Member
4,798 Posts
Yeah mate alot of time, money and effort gone into mine and its still nowhere near finished :(
Depends on boost pressure mate to what spring you run.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Mine does this as well. I'm on the standard map and using the green spring with 2 shims. When driving at a constante speed I can hear the dumpvavle releasing presure.

Maybe I have the change to a heavier spring altough Forge recommends the green spring up to 0.9 / 1.0 bar.
Fitted the yellow spring today and it seems to solve the problem. Hope it stays this way after the stage1 map I've planned next month.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts