Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any UK online retailers where I can get hold of some of the above in 235/40/18?

I need 2 but camskill haven't had any stock for some time with no clues as to when they are next available...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Go for something better. Ditch the Vred.
Are you paying?!

The Vred's are fine for normal road use and I have 2 on the back with loads of tread left so want to stick with them. R888's will be making an appearance for the summer months...

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,440 Posts
I got my verds from tyretraders. I've got 4 of them all round on the car and never had a problem. I think they are great tyres

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Are you paying?!

The Vred's are fine for normal road use and I have 2 on the back with loads of tread left so want to stick with them. R888's will be making an appearance for the summer months...

Dave
You can get much better boots for similar money. Hankook S1 Evo and Eagle F1 Assym springs to mind.

2 tyres only? Bit like ditching a clingy bird. You have to suffer a bit of hanging around before moving on.

·
Premium Member
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You can get much better boots for similar money. Hankook S1 Evo and Eagle F1 Assym springs to mind.

2 tyres only? Bit like ditching a clingy bird. You have to suffer a bit of hanging around before moving on.
With the greatest of respect Conley, I didn't want a debate on which tyres to go for I simply wanted advice on where I might be able to obtain these tyres from!

The two rear tyres currently on my R26 have around 6mm tread remaining and I cannot justify writing them off and replacing all 4 at once with another brand, even if they do offer slightly superior performance...

Like many others on this forum, I have found the Vred's to be a good tyre offering solid on-road performance for the kind of daily driving I normally do...

I appreciate that you are a very knowledgeable chap and that your opinions with regards to maximum performance might be valid, but if you look at my response to your initial post, I intend on getting some R888's for the trackdays I am planning to attend in the summer months...

Dave

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
With the greatest of respect Conley, I didn't want a debate on which tyres to go for I simply wanted advice on where I might be able to obtain these tyres from!

The two rear tyres currently on my R26 have around 6mm tread remaining and I cannot justify writing them off and replacing all 4 at once with another brand, even if they do offer slightly superior performance...

Like many others on this forum, I have found the Vred's to be a good tyre offering solid on-road performance for the kind of daily driving I normally do...

I appreciate that you are a very knowledgeable chap and that your opinions with regards to maximum performance might be valid, but if you look at my response to your initial post, I intend on getting some R888's for the trackdays I am planning to attend in the summer months...

Dave
Calm down Dear.....

You can run 2 older Vreds and 2 'better' choices on the same car. I'm doing it right now to move to better rubber all round. Not ideal ...... but an option for longer term benefit.

·
Premium Member
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Calm down Dear.....

You can run 2 older Vreds and 2 'better' choices on the same car. I'm doing it right now to move to better rubber all round. Not ideal ...... but an option for longer term benefit.
Wasn't having a go, just trying to explain my situation...

Fully appreciate this but for the road the Vred's are fine, semi-slicks for trackday season will be the way forward though!

·
Premium Member
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Last time I purchase said tyre I used elitedirect.com.
Eltel21, thanks for the tip! Not quite as cheap as Camskill but £123.60 each (inc VAT & Delivery) isn't bad at all... 2 of them are being delivered tomorrow!

Dave

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Wasn't having a go, just trying to explain my situation...

Fully appreciate this but for the road the Vred's are fine, semi-slicks for trackday season will be the way forward though!
No worries and I wasnt trying to suggest you ditch all 4 and spend £190 a corner for that ultimate road performance.

I was just trying to be helpful and suggest you can get a much better tyre for similar money.... and maybe also one that was easily available.

·
Premium Member
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No worries and I wasnt trying to suggest you ditch all 4 and spend £190 a corner for that ultimate road performance.

I was just trying to be helpful and suggest you can get a much better tyre for similar money.... and maybe also one that was easily available.
Ta very much... Have had Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric's on the car before and found that they were wearing out extremely quickly...

Would you put the Hankook S1 Evo significantly ahead of the Vred's??

1 - 20 of 21 Posts