Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to post up a little warning to people incase they are considering buying these bulbs. The reason being not only did they only last me the best part of 3 months but they are an absolute PIG to remove (wheel off & arch liner off plus some pliers to actually grip the bulb). They must be 0.5mm bigger in diameter or something because iv never had trouble removing other brands.

The culprit... Bosch H7 plus 50 bulbs

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
how did it get in there by the way, if the removal is problematic. thanks for letting us know though.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Cheers for the heads up on the bulbs. Go for the Osram night breaker plus, I find them quite good

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Getting them in isnt a problem because ur pushing and its easy to push them by the retaining 'lugs' but you cannot get a good grip of them to get them out. Tbh i have no idea if they are bigger but it seems like the logical explanation since its the only thing that could be different. In terms of light produced they were great, now i have B&Q emergency bulbs in i can seriously tell the difference. However the effort involved and the short lifetime of them obviously puts me off and i wouldnt want any of you guys falling pray to them, especially for £22 a pop !

FYI, iv went and bought Ring Xenon Max Ultima +120% bulbs, iv read they are good and for £15 they are worth a punt. I'll let you guys know how i get on with them.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I found pushing sideways on the dipped light bulbs electrical contacts springs them nicely out of the holder. Just trying to pull was considerably harder.

Naith I had a thread on here with some beam shots of the Osram night breaker bulbs etc http://www.meganesport.net/community/showthread.php?53584-Tell-me-about-lights...

Yeah the sideways trick was tried.... with excessive force haha. Seriously guys save urself a headache and stay clear. Even if they didnt stick it only lasted me 3-4 months

·
www.rsmegane.com
11,432 Posts
Why have you ditched the Hid's Naith?
im phs1, have tried for years to find some projector lenses for the front to n avail, granted it wouldn't have adjustability but the HID in the xenon unit i'd make fit and wouldn't splatter the road with light. Also i have enough stops of the police being from salford and driving the car so i dont want to give them another reason to start going over the car...

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
All the bulbs I took out of mine were Osrams and I am fairly certain they haven't been changed before.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Postman delivered my new bulbs today.

Here they are:

After fitting during the day:

Here is the light at night:

I am very impressed with these bulbs i must say, far superior to the bosch ones i had, which i thought had good light. If you are looking for a PURE white -almost xenon- look even during the day then you might be better off with nightbreakers or the like as i think they give of a 'whiter' light. However i am very happy with the colour of these bulbs. I done a little B road driving and i didnt need my full beams once, they have a very good spread of light.

They cost me £17.85 from HERE on Thursday night and they arrived this morning.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah it's the same. It's coz one was when it was still light outside so it looks yellow. That's what I mean about I u want it to look white during the day like xenons ur better of with other bulbs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've just installed the +120% bulbs myself (having joined this forum to get the tips on how to change the bulbs - what a pig of a job that is if you don't know the details given by other members!) Bought 2x2 bulbs from ebay at a total cost of £34. Looking forward to the difference when driving to work tomorrow morning. Even in the daylight, there is a distinct difference when I checked the first bulb installed and comparied that against the original whilst kneeing in front of the car.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Iv used the max xenon and the night breaker bulbs and imo the max xenon are far better but they tend not to last very long ! Running the breakers now so fingers crossed they last better :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts