Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi was out in my car lastnight was fine all night turned it off for a while went into a friends house for an hour or two came back out started the car and it came up with warning lights saying check anti pollution system anybody know whats wrong with my car?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi walker, i may have had the same issue. but my notification read "check environmental device" instead.
In addition, the "check fuel injector" light had come on intermittently for about a week before.
The renault dealer here tells me that its a sensor issue and they'll replace it since its under warranty. i'll update this thread as to the exact cause and which sensor was faulty once i get more information

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
Also a common issue with "some" cars be it stock or remapped.

The error "Check Injection" followed by "Check Anti-Pollution" also comes up at random.

Renault locally also gets reports of these exact same errors on the 1.4Tce Megane3's

They have done some "update" on the software but the errors are still cropping up, and funny enough its always the same cars that had the fault originally when stock, and now they are remapped and every so often the same faults come up.

If anyone has had this issue elsewhere in the world then please share the solution if you know or come across it.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I had this issue a few months aigo and it reoccurred recently.
Both check injector system, and check pollution system errors would occur erratically but only under full acceleration.
No loss in performance that I could ascertain.

In the first instance I took it straight to the dealer who diagnosed a transient voltage error to the injector, and reckoned the wiring is a bit too tight.

He did something, don't know what, to slightly improve situation, and it did work for several months, but I have just got the issue again.
I can't remember the extent of replaced components he said would be required if the issue recurred.
I'll be getting it looked at soon, will report back.

Also a common issue with "some" cars be it stock or remapped.

The error "Check Injection" followed by "Check Anti-Pollution" also comes up at random.

Renault locally also gets reports of these exact same errors on the 1.4Tce Megane3's

They have done some "update" on the software but the errors are still cropping up, and funny enough its always the same cars that had the fault originally when stock, and now they are remapped and every so often the same faults come up.

If anyone has had this issue elsewhere in the world then please share the solution if you know or come across it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
had the same problem couple of times, first one they change the pressure valve or a sensor there (or so they told me) second time, they charge a new soft.

this time they explained me that this error is due to one time a difference between the presure demanded and the presure given by the turbo to be different by a bigger margin that the system expect. it´s somehing punctual just a second, and something random. (first time i was at 5600rpm in 4th gear and the other was arround 3000rpm in 6th..)

·
Registered
780 Posts
Did their fix(s) work for you?

had the same problem couple of times, first one they change the pressure valve or a sensor there (or so they told me) second time, they charge a new soft.

this time they explained me that this error is due to one time a difference between the presure demanded and the presure given by the turbo to be different by a bigger margin that the system expect. it´s somehing punctual just a second, and something random. (first time i was at 5600rpm in 4th gear and the other was arround 3000rpm in 6th..)

·
Registered
159 Posts
so far hasn´t come back.. but it only happend 2 times in 18k miles... it´s not a big issue anyway, while with the light on, the car pulled the same it just recorded the error and that was all (also, i´m like in a stage2 more or less..)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have EXAKT the same problem on my car. Get the code about 4500-5000rpm im 4th gear or higher gear WOT.

Anyone know where to start looking?

The car tells me "check injection system" & "check pollution system"

The code I get is p0299

Please help me!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts