Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving along, now done 2000 miles,giving it a bit of welly and in second at 5.5 revs and suddenly a loud bang and loss of power. Power returns but I don't push it having been scared poopless. Later take it out again and it does the same thing but not as bad.
Any ideas??? It knows I don't like it!! :twisted:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The Megane has been known to suck up small people through the air intake. Mainly dwarfs and midgets. Check for small pointy hats with bells on the front grill, thats always a dead give away. :D

Ha Ha! ! !

Don't know about any bangs but a loss of power could be the low rev limit on a cold engine. The engine does need to be warmed right up before the rev limit is as high as it should be.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nick the Greek said:
The Megane has been known to suck up small people through the air intake. Mainly dwarfs and midgets. Check for small pointy hats with bells on the front grill, thats always a dead give away. :D

Ha Ha! ! !

Don't know about any bangs but a loss of power could be the low rev limit on a cold engine. The engine does need to be warmed right up before the rev limit is as high as it should be.
Now look here Nick the Geek, that is not the way to treat a lady!!! How do you know I am not a person of challenged height?

Seriously, you are right, engine was probably cold.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Same happened to me today, engine was cold and hit the limiter. first time i've really noticed it, but only just started opening the windows more with the warmer weather. 1st gear hit limiter and pop, I liked it :D

Probably sounds louder as I have no back box :lol:

·
Registered
227 Posts
happened to me two days ago - after that i had the motor-lamp blinking. i turned over, shut engine off and started again -> blinking was gone

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have had the toxic fume lamp flash on and of for the last month. Went into reno last week and they replaced the 1st injector, but the toxic fume lamp has started to flash again today. Anybody have any ideas???

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
chev said:
I have had the toxic fume lamp flash on and of for the last month. Went into reno last week and they replaced the 1st injector, but the toxic fume lamp has started to flash again today. Anybody have any ideas???

Wrong injector changed or more than one is hooped!
phil

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
JamieMac said:
Wrong injector changed or more than one is hooped!
phil
Spot on matey common fault[/quote]

They swopped one on mine and then did all four!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I wont have hopefully! are they blue injectors the new ones? well a blue marking anyway?
phil

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I looked straight away to make sure they where not telling me porkies about swopping them again!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi,

Thanks for the info.

How can I check if they have changed the injectors, where do I look in the engine bay?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts