Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I'm new to the forum and hoping you can help pretty quickly.

Apologies for the random question, but I’m just looking for an answer to my question to seal the deal on a Megane Sport 230 F1.

I’m selling my 60 plate VXR and pocketing some cash and going for a megane. I’ve found one that I like and in decent condition, but I have a question relating to the windscreen / headlight washers.

When pulling the stock toward me, both front and rear wipers swing, but no water is sprayed, then the two headlight twashers spray individually.

I understand that the front windscreen washers should work when doing this, but should the rear wiper wipe or is this a fault?

Apologies for the question, but if you could put me at ease I could be doing a deal today.

Thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
411 Posts
sounds like a fault

the rear wiper will only come on with the front ones if the car is in reverse

the washer jets should spray the windscreen and then after 1 second will also spray the headlights, but only if the headlights are on! if your lights are off then they should not spray the headlights

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your help on that, the front and rear wipers both wipe at the same time, when the car is stood still idling and not in any gear

Having now access to the manuals i can;t read up on it myself.

Will put it to the dealership that there seems to be more of an issue. ANything you could suggest?

·
Registered
411 Posts
no problem, the headlight washers should both spray at the same time also, the fact you have said they spray one after the other also makes it sound like something is wrong
maybe some valves are blocked/broken causing water to come out the wrong nozzles
i would explain to the dealer that you want it fixing before you purchase the car, im sure they wouldnt have a problem with it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Guys

Car sprays the passenger side, then the drivers side.

Both front and rear wipers going at the same time is my concern. The dealer is happy to have the problem resolved before i buy the car, but i'm concerned it could return.

On a different note, the dashboard rattles quite a bit, and i've no idea where its coming from. Is it an easy one to pull apart?

Appreciate all your help guys, its good to see a forum with helpful rather than condescending members

·
Registered
411 Posts
mine sprayed both headlights at the same time but maybe it is different on newer models
if you go and view the car again just make sure all wipers settings are switched to off, perhaps the rear one is actually in the on position all the time. It can be left in this position quite easily without really noticing

all megane dashboards rattle, it will happen a lot during this weather cause its cold. it tightens up in warmer weather and you wont notice it too much. the edge of the dashboard where it meets the windscreen can be sprayed with lubricant to get rid of some of the noises

if you use the search function on this forum you should come accross lots of helpful tips for the megane niggles :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts