Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Founder
8,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But I finally got a dual with a 172 today! Result, megane 2 172 nil. 172 looked to have a viper also had non standard backbox. Had two goes both from 2nd gear rolling starts (obviously the meganes home turf) pulled 4-5 car lengths within about 4-500m, slowed down for traffic, 172 driver obviously a bit miffed proceded to overtake the row of traffic I slowed for, turned off at that point :roll:

and all on my private runway too

·
Registered
92 Posts
It doesn't suprise me that you whipped the 172. I test drove a 182 prior to deciding on the Meg and found their power band way too small (no good for the road) it didn't have enought torque and the thing topped out at 130 (on private airstrip of course).

·
Founder
8,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its the low down torque that does it, 2nd gear instantly pulled a good car length, you can tell when the 172 gets on cambut all the meg needs is another cog and your off again with the low down power

·
Founder
8,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh yeah I know there a big diff, have just been looking forward to seeing exactly how much, I got totally slated on cliosport once for claiming that a chipped meg would pull car lengths on a rolling start, over a half mile I rekon I would have pulled 15-20 no problems, also the 172 was modified, if I see the guy again I'll see if I can have a word and see exactly what hes done, also put him out of his misery and tell him mines not standard ;)

·
Founder
8,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nah I wouldnt make any wild claims about my particular car on track specially with me driving as I'm no good on tracks (get to scared of crashing lol) the cup/trophy boys should have too much trouble tho. Standard 225 was only two tenths off a clio cup's top gear laptime after all

G

·
my mates got a 172 and 2 others have 182s so will have plenty of duals. the 172 is shockingly quick (a reno freak example), praying that i will gave the legs on him in the meggy.lol

G

·
i had a go against my mate who had a williams, stripped out doin bout 190bhp, and i managed to get away, this was with the remap, think he would have had me otherwise

1 - 15 of 15 Posts