Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
upgrade your Megane 225 with the 3" Bore Exhaust, power box, pipercross carbon viper induction kit, uprated intercooler kit, dump valve kit.

Thx
Jakes

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have heard this one before. According to Andy you must be arround the 250-255 bhp. I will receive the intercoller next monday or tuesday and I will be able to confirm that next week..I´m looking forward to do test it :twisted: :twisted:
And as everyone says the only way to jump over the 300 bhp mark will be the remap and decat removal...Looking forward as well :wink: :wink:

Cheers from Mexico

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just for the record dump valves don't increase your BHP at all.. they are ideal if you run a very high over boost and dont have the correct hoses and valves for the pressure upon changing gear. A recirculating valve is much better to get all the available pressure and power from your turbo.
Although it must be said they are reccommended for extending the life of your turbo... (but who keeps theirs for 20 yrs?..)

The one thing I would rather have with my 225 than more power is less turbo lag. One way of doing this without changing your turbo is with a much better flowing manifold this in itself can reduce lag by up to 40%
There are other ways of keeping your turbo spooling all the time but these are generally frowned upon and can cause fires.. ah the joy I can smell it now

·
Founder
8,209 Posts
map would give a good gain but that power box will only give 10 ish bhp as its fuelling only, I would got for a proper remap

·
Founder
8,209 Posts
yeah that box just has a set of resistors in it that interupts the signal to the ECU making it chuck more fuel in, litrally like the 10p ebay resistor mod but its on the fuelling side as well as the choke

·
Premium Member
14,297 Posts
jonseal said:
yeah that box just has a set of resistors in it that interupts the signal to the ECU making it chuck more fuel in, litrally like the 10p ebay resistor mod but its on the fuelling side as well as the choke
and they want £400 for that, a box that cost you £10 of your tank of fuel to go a bit quicker, yeah alright.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm going to get the 3" bore, intercooler and induction kit installed.

Would it be able to remap it with that in mind?

Do I need to install the dump valve or not!
Its going to sound nice!!

Thx.
Jakes

1 - 13 of 13 Posts