Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So thorough the winter i want to try and tidy up my little meggy....... what in the engine can be easily powerdercoated and what colour would you have done

there old pictures, i now have some more red samco pipes but its not such a great picture

i was personally thinking having the boost pipe done white or gloss black and the little engine part next to it (that cayman had polished) done either gloss black silver or graphite but i really cant think..... would really appreciate a photo shop in any colour you fancy just to give a few ideas

·
Club Member
7,528 Posts
And my mate is the man for powder coating, rob from total wheel works , he powder coats all sorts of stuff from wheels , radiators, engine parts, motoe bike frames and he makes a cracking job as KevR26 will tell you, he has just had his wheels done by him

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
only metal can be powdercoated as the process of powder coating involves heating the metal up but I was mire concerned about inside the boost pipe blocking or Somthing for instance... Also i remember reading steve said his mate charges £80 but didn't know if that was with or without tyres

·
Premium Member
2,959 Posts
You can also powdercoat plastic ;) (although the heating process is slightly different..)

The boost pipes will be fine if you cover up the pipe outlets.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Also i remember reading steve said his mate charges £80 but didn't know if that was with or without tyres
SRS? A local place wants like £400 for a set of aloys with the tyres on. Bit of a trek for me but If the works good and It's cheaper. Any info Steve - How long does it take, drive in drive out?

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hmmm something to think about then... i also think gloss black boost pipe and stuff will look smart...... i always have my stuff powedercoated at city powedercoaters £20 a wheel or £30 with tyres however i get my mates to take my tyres off and put them back on for free so £80 for me :-D winner winner.....they always do a cracking job!

my old GTI 180 wheels

i also had my bros clio wheels done there.... this is also a potential colour choice for the engine

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
He did kevr26 wheels for £120 Inc taking the Tyres off he got the car back the same day as he came on a track day with me and we collected the car on the way back
Does that include any work to the rims (If there kerbed or whatever) and wheels balenced once the tyres are re-fitted?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.