Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A mate of mine showed me the MR2 owners club so thought I'd join and say hi!!

Most of em seemed cool but one couldn't resist the insult of a French car, 'Go by a Jap car'.

You know what? I was nearly convinced to go sell my 225 and go buy myself a 10 year old MR2 for £2000!?!?! :? :? :?

Oh no actually I wasn't coz I can afford something significantly better 8) 8)

·
Premium Member
12,190 Posts
I no mate it seems the other forums have a bunch of prats on them

Did you look on the barry forum..

Blimey, slag off or what, peoples 1st posts and people are calling them all the names unser the sun just because they have seen the picture before! :shock:

Just goes to show how good it is hear don't it! :wink:

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Thats the reason I stoppped using Cliosport about 2 years ago. Think its got better now though :D

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That barryboys site is run by a load of ignorant idiots, there are some truly ropey rides on the site but they think any car with as much as an air freshners is 'barryboy'd'!!

I do find a lot of the specific car forums pretty hostile to anything that they are not familiar with. This site is a real exception so is the Zetec-S owners club!!

If you live near Surrey try www.streetmodified.co.uk

they are a really good bunch and everyone has their own preferences so no narrow minded people!! :D

·
Founder
8,209 Posts
I agree with the comments about barryboys, they diss these modified cars but half of them run round in 1.0 fiestas, cheek! One of their admin got threatened by someone who he posted a picture of his car, the guy got his address and everything and said he was gonna sort him out!

·
Site Admin
20,189 Posts
jonseal said:
I agree with the comments about barryboys, they diss these modified cars but half of them run round in 1.0 fiestas, cheek! One of their admin got threatened by someone who he posted a picture of his car, the guy got his address and everything and said he was gonna sort him out!
Ha, lol, serves him right. Barryboys, what a name. :lol:

·
Premium Member
12,190 Posts
I don't blame him mate!

With the Whois function now days it isn't too hard to find someones address with a website.

Honestly though some of them deserve a kicking or two to say the least...

G

·
Alex_172 said:
That barryboys site is run by a load of ignorant idiots, there are some truly ropey rides on the site but they think any car with as much as an air freshners is 'barryboy'd'!!

I do find a lot of the specific car forums pretty hostile to anything that they are not familiar with. This site is a real exception so is the Zetec-S owners club!!

they are a really good bunch and everyone has their own preferences so no narrow minded people!! :D
yeah the zsoc boys are a cracking bunch , met a lot of good people through that site ,

hey alex , did u used to have zs then?

G

·
I agree with the comments about barryboys, they diss these modified cars but half of them run round in 1.0 fiestas, cheek! One of their admin got threatened by someone who he posted a picture of his car, the guy got his address and everything and said he was gonna sort him out
I saw that post where the guy got threatened it was over a Clio in some Halford car park wasn't it :?:

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
paul g said:
Alex_172 said:

yeah the zsoc boys are a cracking bunch , met a lot of good people through that site ,

hey alex , did u used to have zs then?
No the missus has one now, cracking little motor that is so thought i'd joine up. They all seem cool on there.

I am currently getting torn apart on the MR2 OC bacause I drive a Renault have a read .....

http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=30019

G

·
Well after reading there comments they seem like a right bunch of muppets and they drive gay hair dressers cars :lol:

Don't get wrong the build quality on the jap car is far better than that of the French Spanish car etc.

Good luck Alex you do Renault proud :lol: go get them

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll do my best to do the Megane proud.

But when you're competing against a bunch of narrow minded t*ssers who clearly don't have a clue about anything else except whats sat on their driveway!!

I guess not all forums have people as open minded as on here. If someone came on here who drove any kind of car and put pictures up or whatever then they would be welcomed for showing an interest in the site.

I might join one of my mates at one of the MR2 meets and see if they're all so mouthy face to face :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
EMILY YOU NEED TO GET YOU HAIRY BUTT OVER TO THE MR2OC!!!!!

I think they need some winding up, and since the MR2 is a bit of a gays car it needs a transvestite to liven things up :D :D

G

·
Tempted i can tell you young man :wink:

what is an MR2 anyway is it some kind of vacum cleaner or washing machine :oops:
Do you think they really need a lady like me :?:

Love

Emily

1 - 20 of 56 Posts