Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post I am on the edge of my seat waiting to find out when the facelift 225 can be ordered. Handing in my company car to but the 225.

The last info I had from a new car supermarket was may june delivery as the first facelifts will be standard cars and the 225 will come later. I am going to struggle if thats the case.

As a matter of interest what MPG should I expect to get, I try not to cane it all the while.

NE1 suggest the best web sites to get a new one from.

Cheers

Uncle

·
Registered
5,724 Posts
^ your joking right ? :shock:

when i took out a 03 plate 225 when they first came out for a test drive even though it was in a city dealership so economy was derived from stop start driving it still showed 30.2 mpg which i thought was just about ok. i imagine that on a normal M.way A.road drive + some light urban you would creep to 34mpg with the M.way only being a very credible and acceptable 36mpg . not amazingly hard to imagine seen as the car has a 6 speed box and a relativley light kerb weight + the fact the just below boost you arent accessing the turbo`s very much.
also considering the almost equally weighted Audi TT 1.8 T quattro with 225 bhp can do between 30-36mpg if driven off boost and using the correct gears as A.) Renault and french cars in general seem to have great economy. and B.) Its a modern engine with low co-eff drag body and 6speed box with a map desgined around peak power/torque rather than low end shove (from my experience)

i mite add in my old 172MKII i could see 41mpg :shock: and in my cup (without back seats and a paltry 1004kg kerb weight) i can get 43 mpg !! better than some higher peformance oriented diesels with just a few hp more. on average my clio can muster 38mpg on the cup after a few thousand miles of driving and the 172 a bit less but they are hindered by relativley short gearing and a 5 speed box

by that estimate with more power+weight but extra cog to help i would guestimate a real world econ average of 32-33mpg

*edit* a custom remap on turbo petrols usually yeilds a few more mpg so possible 34-35 with mapped ecu to take in account UK`s good fuel type

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Mine sits at around 20-21 and thats with the missus driving 90% of the time, all round town shops/school runs. Was a little higher than that before the Exhaust was fitted.

G

·
dools225 said:
I can average 25mpg with a bit of sensible driving every now and again, not too much tho! :wink:

I am the same as you 25 to 26 i can only dream of the thirtys and use the Motorway to and from work everyday ...

·
Registered
5,724 Posts
Topper225 said:
dools225 said:
I can average 25mpg with a bit of sensible driving every now and again, not too much tho! :wink:

I am the same as you 25 to 26 i can only dream of the thirtys and use the Motorway to and from work everyday ...
well im actually shocked at this i would have though low thirties but that econ is as bad as a 4wd 3.0 xtype jag or a 4wd 2.0T scoob !! :cry:

how do you afford that !

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
I drive like a twat most places and when around town I get about 18-19mpg but on a M.way I can acheive 30ish

When I calm down in town I get about 21-22ish

Meggerman you should put your foot down a bit otherwise you will waste all them horses!!!

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I thought we might see you appear on this topic Jamie, Hows the battle with renault going :?:

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Slow and tedious matey, bit like my transit :lol:

I will continue to take it to the dealer until they put humpty back together properly, problem is they are so incompetent they could be in government

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
I dont think I have much chance of that to be honest but I would be happy for it to be sorted properly, saw Andys at the weekend and it is looking gggggggreat, love the silver as well

Lucky git :)

·
Founder
8,209 Posts
ours is showing 27 at the moment, that was me having a run over to cheshire the other week then our lass driving like a vicar for a couple of weeks

Ususally it shows 25 thats me thrashing it all weekend and her driving in the week. If I'm on holiday and driving the car a lot its more like 19-20 :twisted:

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
What the lowest anyone has had, mine was showing 11mpg with the toxic fume light on round town for about a week or should I say 2 full tanks

·
Registered
830 Posts
I get 32 - 34 on my work commute, 80% motorway at 80 to 90. I have never had it below 30 so must be a driving miss daisy :lol:

·
Premium Member
12,190 Posts
My bloody punto is about 19mpg today, but was in a bit of a mood to say the least.

G

·
Fuel Economy - MPG

Obviously depends on how you drive it and what sort of roads you're using.

Motorway = 35 MPG

Around town = 22 MPG

Mixed use = 25 - 30 MPG

1 - 20 of 34 Posts