Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Moose,

Just ordered the ITG panel filter from K-tec. Supposed to be the panel filter of choice over K&N.

I'll let you know what it's like when it turns up.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Its got the added bonus of never having to clean it aswell, but i do bang the debris and dust off it every now and then

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Davelee225 said:
Ive got the pipercross viper induction kit. Around the £200 marker !!!
Show off!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Take from Meganeownersclub.........

K & Ns are bad news, particularly in cars that have tight under bonnet areas and turbos. The excess heat causes the oil to "move" after the car has been standing for a bit, say 15 - 20 minutes and then it (the oil) gets into the throttle box and onto the odd sensor! Other than the fact that after a few months you'll lose that seemingly extra bit of urge as the airflow reduces!

Now I know I've said this before and no doubt I will again! Every time we have a car in on the rolling road and it has K & Ns we run it up on the dyno, point out the figures to the owner, then remove the things and attach a supplementary airbox with a highflow cleaner. BHP ALWAYS increases.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Take from Meganeownersclub.........

K & Ns are bad news, particularly in cars that have tight under bonnet areas and turbos. The excess heat causes the oil to "move" after the car has been standing for a bit, say 15 - 20 minutes and then it (the oil) gets into the throttle box and onto the odd sensor! Other than the fact that after a few months you'll lose that seemingly extra bit of urge as the airflow reduces!

Now I know I've said this before and no doubt I will again! Every time we have a car in on the rolling road and it has K & Ns we run it up on the dyno, point out the figures to the owner, then remove the things and attach a supplementary airbox with a highflow cleaner. BHP ALWAYS increases.

Mainly the reason I went with ITG (along with some other opinions elsewhere).

I suppose you pays yer money......

·
Premium Member
12,190 Posts
The air box they probably add is brand new and as clean as anything so it would always up the bhp if it has more flow...

So if the k&n was brand new and clean i would have thought it would have the same results...

:?

·
Premium Member
12,190 Posts
meggerman said:
few peeps on here running K&N id advise them to remove and go for Greenfilters (straightforward and really good filtration + fairly cheap) or ITG. the oil on the K&N causes some problems

True! Oil and dust = poor air flow!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts