Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What price do you think I can get a 225 Full fat from a dealer for? I went in earlier today and the cheapest they would do was £19500 which is way too expensive, they also offered £5800 for my dci 80.

G

·
You not looked at buymynewcar? You'll have yourself a fortune. If you anything close to list you're mad and will lose a fortune when it comes to trade it in.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have looked at buymynew car but I want to see what price the dealer would give. Plus there is also a catch with my car as they would have to replace the clutch soon.

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
dealers should be quick approachable i would have thought at the moment as its getting near the end of the new registration month. All the dealers want new cars sold.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They did say they reached their target for this month. However he did say he could try and match the price if I did the deal today but I wanted to test drive a 225 with cup chassis first.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Sounds to me like you will get a good deal if you hold out, usual salesman patter with the "if you do a deal today" line. Keep on at them and you will get them down, but probably not to www.buymynewcar.co.uk level :wink:

·
Registered
249 Posts
£19500?! :eek:
Typical dealer! :x
In the end its the same car whether it comes from an official Renault dealer forecourt or online from places like broadspeed, buymynewcar etc...
Get it elsewhere and then you can just take it in to get all the ineviatable Renault problems sorted at the dealer :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have just got my car today. see other post. Reserve judgement on whether I am happy or not.

However, it may be of interest to you...

My original quote from avanti cars was £14,001 for solid paint on a 225 cup. I hummed, hawed and hummed again. Went toReg Vardy with the quote at a local dealer and they agreed to match it. The deal went south unfortunately but they were just going to do the same thing that all the internet car co's do. Sell through a fleet side of the business.

Went back to avanti and oredred a facelift 225 cup. It's arrived, it's not clean but the facelift was £14001 plus the paint - black.

It is however, a genuine renault uk model. It is however inconvenient to take it back to the supplying dealer. Just got to live with that.

One other point, worth bearing in mind. They do something sneaky with the reg doc. It is not a pre-reg, it's not an import but...on the reg doc the name of the registered keeper is ME. The address of the registered keeper is c/o A third party fleet company at my address ie c/o Fleet Management Services 123 main street, toy town. The instruction is that you write to the DVLA to change the address to merely 123 main street toy town. This SHOULD not change the number of registered keepers as you are only changing address.

I will let you know if this works.

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
I went into a dealers back in September last year and was pretty pushy, they knocked the price for brand new full fat from £19,500 to £17,500 so does prove they can knock the prices down.

In the end I used buyacar.co.uk who are a broker, they got me one from a supplier for about £15,500 plus xenons and climate control which were £900 so in total £16,400!!!

The dealers don't seem to like budging on the top price for the car though. If you want brand new go through a broker!! :D

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have just booked a test drive for a 225 with cup pack for next month with another dealer so will see what they can do. BTW I am interested in a hatch with cup chassis, xenons, cabasse and heated seats which renault lists at £21650. Also just wondering does buymynewcar discounts the options or not?

·
Premium Member
10,543 Posts
They normally knock a hundred off the cup pack for meganesport.net users. I didn't want the cup pack, cos I don't like the mirrors. So I got a hundred of the Xenons instead.

Drop 'em a line and ask them.

·
Premium Member
14,297 Posts
ado said:
I have just booked a test drive for a 225 with cup pack for next month with another dealer so will see what they can do. BTW I am interested in a hatch with cup chassis, xenons, cabasse and heated seats which renault lists at £21650. Also just wondering does buymynewcar discounts the options or not?
get the cup pack 100%, forget the zenons they can be got for £160 and fitted after like mine + others and the cabasse thing aint all its cracked up to be IMO and if you fanced changing it you lumped with it, and the heated seats means you got to go for full leather and im sure they do not do heated seats any more on any of the 225 now.

so save £6-7000 and just get a 225 with a cup pack on from www.buymynewcar.com, save you alot of money and like i said the zenons can be got for £160 wen you get it.

andy.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think I would take your advice and get a FF cup from buymynewcar.

the heated seats means you got to go for full leather and im sure they do not do heated seats any more on any of the 225 now.
I thought leather is standard on the FF now, can anyone who has a phase 2 confirm this? Also I have checked that all 2006 megane have canbus wiring for the stereo so would I be able to change the head still or not?

G

·
ado said:
What price do you think I can get a 225 Full fat from a dealer for? I went in earlier today and the cheapest they would do was £19500 which is way too expensive, they also offered £5800 for my dci 80.
Just went to a Reno Stealer yesterday with a friend. Had Facelifted black 225 in the show room. This fifty-something old-school salesperson approached me (not knowing what I drive) and said "I bet you want to leave the store driving this car tonite"..... Actually I dont... Im buying it from the internet and saving 4500 pounds on a Cup!... His face went white. "But that would be a non uk spec"... No it is UK. "Mmmmm .... but probably it does not carry the full renault warranty".... Oh sure it does..3 full years. The poor guy did not know what argument to use. He then brought out his calculator and said.. but this internet dealer cannot offer you 0% finance. No it doesnt... but it neither asks me for 35% deposit for that 0%, So Ill go to my bank and ask for 14K at 6%. And 14K @ 6% is cheaper than 19500 at 0% having to pay 35% of that first as a down payment....

·
Registered
227 Posts
Nice one Alonso225.

It a shame we could not get cheap dealer servicingof the net as well then we would be quids in.

Uncle

1 - 18 of 18 Posts