Megane Sport Forum banner

What should I do.......

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Alex 
#1 ·
As people know I got my Inferno full fat 225 on Jan 10th and have only swapped the tail lights so far.

Its only done 450 miles so far so I'm still running it in but i'm wanting some mods for it. What do people recommend? Here's what I've got in mind -

Dump Valve
Induction Kit
ICE - I've got the gear at home but want an acoustic shelf.

Anything else I should be thinking about?

I intend on getting these things done anyway but what first??

#3 ·
Yeah I was thinking about a dump valve, I quite fancy one.

Does a dump valve on the 225s have any kind of negative effect? I know it has a recirculating valve as standard which kinda does the same thing without the noise?!?! Is that correct?? :D

I'll get the ICE sorted out as well, the stealth shelf I want it about £120 then I'm gonna pay to have it all wired in coz I don't fancy trying it on this car.

I've a Pioneer headunit, Pioneer 6x9s, Pioneer sub and Legacy 4 channel amp, sounded really good in the Clio.
Only thing I'm thinkins is that I'd like to replace the sub with a competition sub and better amp to run that. We'll see though!

#4 ·
Like your Ideas ALEX. I would be very interested on how you get on with your mods as I would very much like to add mods to my 225 when it arrives. The first thing I have in mind is to uprate the ICE. I have a couple of amps, 6x9's and a sub in the attic awaiting to go in. I was thinking of keeping the stock head unit and adding the amps and speakers.

Please keep us posted and add some pics as you go on. The dum valve will sound great. I was also wondering if the dump valve has any negative affect I seen written that some peeps belive it causes turbo lag rather than improves. Maybe worth another topic.

Uncle

#6 ·
As long as you fit the DV correctly and leave the recirc one working it will be fine, purely for sound of course.
i haven't lost any noticeable powerat all (only when the recirc was left open!)
phil

#8 ·
I think I need to get the following in this order -

Dump Valve - Let me get this straight, it should be ok as long as the recirculating valve is left alone???

ICE - My mate James does installs so I'll get him to sort that.

Induction Kit - Fancy a Viper Kit coz from the position of the airbox I'd guess that a normal cone would suck in a hell of a lot of hot air!

#9 ·
Alex_172 said:
I think I need to get the following in this order -

Dump Valve - Let me get this straight, it should be ok as long as the recirculating valve is left alone???

ICE - My mate James does installs so I'll get him to sort that.

Induction Kit - Fancy a Viper Kit coz from the position of the airbox I'd guess that a normal cone would suck in a hell of a lot of hot air!
iv got a blow off valve for the 225 if you want one, ill sell you mine and as your local will fit it for free, also can do you an induction kit like mine that is a kind of viper style kit but alot lot cheaper andalso can be fitted,
infact bring all your stereo bits to and ill fit that as well if your not sure about the wireing etc maybe a small install charge there :wink:

so you could have a blow of valve induction kit and ice fitted in one day :D

pm me if your intreseted in the BOV

#14 ·
Has anybody fit a normal cone to the 225...I have this type. The cone is looking to the floor :shock: :shock: , in order to prevent sucking hot air in the normal possition...well that's what the guy told me... :? :?
I'll try to put some pictures tomorrow, but in your tought I should reinstall the original one and fit the ITG filter?..THe viper kit is not a very good option because every time that rains in Monterrey it seems to be a huge lagoon :x :x ...

THanks for your comemts amigos

G
#15 ·
Andy you are what they call a Top Bloke just wish you lived near me :lol:
It's not that i can't do any of it , it's just i have done it all loads of times and now i am getting older i can't be arsed anymore ... :)

#16 ·
Topper225 said:
Andy you are what they call a Top Bloke just wish you lived near me :lol:
It's not that i can't do any of it , it's just i have done it all loads of times and now i am getting older i can't be arsed anymore ... :)
:lol: :lol: why thank you,
ill always lend a hand where i can, :D

and like iv said to many its only an hours drive or two.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.