Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,798 Posts
Carbon parts is a slippery slope. You'll end up spending a fortune getting the spoiler and side skirts to tie in.

Decat is a decent buy? Just need to fit the decat after you've had your mot, giving you another year to find someone to test the car.

Think bahnstormer means, get some driver tuition and get the most out of the car on the track....not a bad idea, if that's your thing?

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
Get some driver tuition (I recommend CAT Driver training) and learn how to understand what your car is doing under your arse. And not nessecarily on track either. A good driver training package is not aimed at the track but at you and understanding how to better understand the dynamics of your car. Do you know how to threshold brake? Do you understand grip limits in the wet and the dry? Do you know what to do when you activate the abs systems. In the wet? And at speed? And what happens if you have to slam on the brakes and activate ABS at speed? Finally would you like to try your car at the limits in an open and perfectly safe environment?

My preference for CAT is because they have exclusive use to general motors Millbrook proving ground (not open to the public) and home to many new cars going through vehicle evaluation prior to launch in many years time. And more famously known as the 5th gear test track. Ring Jo at cat cand tell them Kevin sent you. Trust me its a mod that lasts long after you have moved on from your current car.

P.s. I do not work for these people or have any financial association with them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts