Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Just had a turbo rebuild as my shaft snapped. All fine and dandy till the boost pipe next to the throttle body popped off causing the car to rev itself. Heard this is a common problem so superglued and tie wrapped it on. Then car wouldn't go over 2,500 revs like its stuck in limp mode. Dash says check injectors and the other fault with traction I think it's asr or something. Checked all injectors and replaced a coilpack, and a boost solenoid/sensor as it had broke, still no luck. Took throttle body to peices to realise some of the glue had dropped through and glued it shut! Unglued it using the birds nail varnish remover but it's still stiff as hell to turn. Put it back on car and still wouldnt turn when revving so my mates stripping it down now an giving it a good clean. If that fails then does anyone else know what to try as we're out of ideas!

Cheers

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No longer misfiring or revvin on its own however there's little throttle response. Let's me rev from 900rpm to 1000rpm. Will buy a new throttle body if people think this is the problem. Don't really wanna just buy one and hope cause I've spent best part of £1000 on it since its been off the road

·
Premium Member
5,759 Posts
Why didn't you just get the fault codes read first rather than spend lots of money on replacing bits that didn't need replacing? It may be in a throttle defect mode so you won't get a lot of responce the body may well be ok.

Get the codes read (with clip not a £20 ebay special reader) before you spend anymore money you don't need to.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Already read 3 times. That's why I've replaced everything it listed lol. Only fault now says throttle body something. Can't remember off head. But the clip that plugs Into the throttle body has a wire broke. Bridged it with another price just incase. Makes. I difference if the throttle body plug is plugged or not.

·
Premium Member
5,759 Posts
Read with clip though?

Think you've answered you're own question if theres a break in the throttle body loom.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts