Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I used to be the owner of a 58 plate LY R26 can't recall the number, but Goeff on here bought it about a year ago or so. Since then I have had a couple of cars, of which the current is a Mondeo STd, we needed the space and frugality for a few months! But now since that I have got the missus a new Qashqai (great car by the way, if you need a family car) which means I can now get rid of my Mundano and replace it with something quicker and more fun..

My current list is:

Meg 250
M3 / 335 Convert
Audi S5

But remembering my old R26, it was by far the best car I have ever owned, the best all rounder, handling car I have ever had, and I have had a few.. So with this in mind I reckon the 250 is well up toward the top of the list.

I have been looking on Autotrader and PH and there are a fair few options , so just wanted advice on what I should be looking for in terms of options, interiors, etc?

My budget is about £16k..

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No the M3 would be an E46.

If I were to go for an S5 I would look up to £20k, but the fuel really ticks me off, I don't do many miles to be honest, maybe 150 a week, but in previous cars thhat had mpg in the teens it meant being in the petrol station all the time!

·
Registered
758 Posts
imo go for the 250 with cup chassis , for your buget you ll get the newest car of the bunch , dont think youll get an s5 for that money if you do nice car but a very boring drive , dont know much about the m3 but drove to bristol last week in a 335i sport and was nt impressed at all , the seats are really un comfortable

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
If you choose a 250 I'd recommend the 250 with Cup pack,Recaro seats, Vis pack and RS Monitor which allows you to tweak throttle mapping and gives telemetry info... Really does give the car a number of personalities.

I've had both and S4 Avant and an A5 3.0 TDI Quattro - both were great performing cars but were ultimately pretty boring with little feedback. I averaged about 20MPG in the V8 S4 and despite having a company fuel card struggled to self justify the poor consumption.

I've had my 250 since September and absolutely love it - it really is a five star car and brilliant all rounder. Take look on YouTube at the two part Chris Harris EVO review between the RS Focus and RS 250...

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
Mine is for sale for 17k

Is a White Cup with 8100 miles on the clock

Has the following options

Cloth Recaros
Sat Nav
Dual zone climate
Auto lights & wipers
Directional Bi-Xenon headlights with LED driving lights

Has been remapped by RsTuning and a Scorpion catback exhaust. I still have original exhaust

Reason for sale is I don't use it

·
Registered
758 Posts
^^^^ buy this one , no reason to sell though , i dont use mine , its only done 2100 miles from new but WONT be selling mine imo its still the best car for sub £20k on the market

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Kinda wish I had the standard seats at times. Especially in the cold mornings at the moment. I would have loved to have the heated seats on!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Sat in my friend's Megane GT the other day, which has the standard MRS seats. Didn't like them, because they're too short. Even for my length (I'm only 1m75).

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Kinda wish I had the standard seats at times. Especially in the cold mornings at the moment. I would have loved to have the heated seats on!
Yeah know what you mean but they are great seats though... Warm up pretty quickly after a a few mins.

Capsicum Red RS 250 + Cup Chassis Pack, 18" A-XL, RS Monitor, Leather Recaros, Visibility Pack, Arkamys

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Yeah know what you mean but they are great seats though... Warm up pretty quickly after a a few mins.

Capsicum Red RS 250 + Cup Chassis Pack, 18" A-XL, RS Monitor, Leather Recaros, Visibility Pack, Arkamys
They do warm up pretty quickly, but heated seats are rather nice! My girlfriend has a Corsa SE and it has heated seats and a heated steering wheel. I'm very jealous on cold days! (not the rest of the time though!)

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
Recaro seats are really worth, to miss heating for 7 minutes for once a day for 3 months :) than miss the Recaro seats for the rest of 99,9% of driving :)

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
both my other cars have heated seats , never use them
My corsa loan car had heated seats and heated steering wheel. Can't say I ever used them though haha. Probably turned them on once when I drove away from enterprise then that was it. I always wear coat or hoody in the car so I don't feel the need for more heat. My recaros are cloth though. Full leather would be a bit chilly.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts