Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I used to be the owner of a 58 plate LY R26 can't recall the number, but Goeff on here bought it about a year ago or so. Since then I have had a couple of cars, of which the current is a Mondeo STd, we needed the space and frugality for a few months! But now since that I have got the missus a new Qashqai (great car by the way, if you need a family car) which means I can now get rid of my Mundano and replace it with something quicker and more fun..

My current list is:

Meg 250
M3 / 335 Convert
Audi S5

But remembering my old R26, it was by far the best car I have ever owned, the best all rounder, handling car I have ever had, and I have had a few.. So with this in mind I reckon the 250 is well up toward the top of the list.

I have been looking on Autotrader and PH and there are a fair few options , so just wanted advice on what I should be looking for in terms of options, interiors, etc?

My budget is about £16k..

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No the M3 would be an E46.

If I were to go for an S5 I would look up to £20k, but the fuel really ticks me off, I don't do many miles to be honest, maybe 150 a week, but in previous cars thhat had mpg in the teens it meant being in the petrol station all the time!

·
Registered
758 Posts
imo go for the 250 with cup chassis , for your buget you ll get the newest car of the bunch , dont think youll get an s5 for that money if you do nice car but a very boring drive , dont know much about the m3 but drove to bristol last week in a 335i sport and was nt impressed at all , the seats are really un comfortable

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
If you choose a 250 I'd recommend the 250 with Cup pack,Recaro seats, Vis pack and RS Monitor which allows you to tweak throttle mapping and gives telemetry info... Really does give the car a number of personalities.

I've had both and S4 Avant and an A5 3.0 TDI Quattro - both were great performing cars but were ultimately pretty boring with little feedback. I averaged about 20MPG in the V8 S4 and despite having a company fuel card struggled to self justify the poor consumption.

I've had my 250 since September and absolutely love it - it really is a five star car and brilliant all rounder. Take look on YouTube at the two part Chris Harris EVO review between the RS Focus and RS 250...

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
Mine is for sale for 17k

Is a White Cup with 8100 miles on the clock

Has the following options

Cloth Recaros
Sat Nav
Dual zone climate
Auto lights & wipers
Directional Bi-Xenon headlights with LED driving lights

Has been remapped by RsTuning and a Scorpion catback exhaust. I still have original exhaust

Reason for sale is I don't use it

·
Registered
758 Posts
^^^^ buy this one , no reason to sell though , i dont use mine , its only done 2100 miles from new but WONT be selling mine imo its still the best car for sub £20k on the market

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Kinda wish I had the standard seats at times. Especially in the cold mornings at the moment. I would have loved to have the heated seats on!
Yeah know what you mean but they are great seats though... Warm up pretty quickly after a a few mins.

Capsicum Red RS 250 + Cup Chassis Pack, 18" A-XL, RS Monitor, Leather Recaros, Visibility Pack, Arkamys

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Yeah know what you mean but they are great seats though... Warm up pretty quickly after a a few mins.

Capsicum Red RS 250 + Cup Chassis Pack, 18" A-XL, RS Monitor, Leather Recaros, Visibility Pack, Arkamys
They do warm up pretty quickly, but heated seats are rather nice! My girlfriend has a Corsa SE and it has heated seats and a heated steering wheel. I'm very jealous on cold days! (not the rest of the time though!)

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
both my other cars have heated seats , never use them
My corsa loan car had heated seats and heated steering wheel. Can't say I ever used them though haha. Probably turned them on once when I drove away from enterprise then that was it. I always wear coat or hoody in the car so I don't feel the need for more heat. My recaros are cloth though. Full leather would be a bit chilly.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.