Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right looking at a new car and out the megane complete or as parts, my reasons is it needs more tlc than i have time to give it but what do yous lot think it would be worth its done 94k and is cat C but its has a face lift front end forge front mount and k-tech hard pipe kit, new injectors front brakes and other bits

so whats you thoughts on what i could get ??

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im not selling it as yet mate just after advise on what the best path it to take

·
Premium Member
5,759 Posts
Break it completely for parts will net you the most money. With the price of straight ones a CAT C one isn't worth a great deal at all in one piece.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Problem is, how much of it will you actualy sell? You'll get rid of a few bis like wheels, one or two engine bits, maybe the interior and perhaps a bumper, wing or door and you'll get a few quid but you'll be left with most of the car that will sit there until you get so bored you just scrap it. If you've got a spare 2 or 3 years to hold on the numerous parts you're left with you may eventually sell some of it but who's got the time or could be bothered with that? I know I couldn't. If I were you and someone offered me an amount of cash to take it as a job lot, it would be gone within seconds!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im thinking of putting it on ebay and see what i can get for it as a lump then if no joy will part it

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
I wouldn't break it as you may make a bit more money but is it worth the effort.

If you've got the original parts put it back to standard and sell the uprated parts. You'll always make more doing this than selling it as a whole.

·
Club Member
7,528 Posts
How are you Atouba not seen you on here for a while i thought you may have sold your car, glad to see you still have it do you have any track days booked in .

steve

·
www.rsmegane.com
11,432 Posts
guys you have the PM function to chat to eachother, the thread is asking specific questions.

OP, i'd break it to a point you know you will make money or at least break even. big thing is whether you are prepared to wait, ALOT of people on here would take parts off you though, it wouldn't take much to put a thread up.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Break it would make more money but like most have said it will take a while to get. But on the other hand itle probably take a while to sell whole aswell in this market

Dan

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yea i did think that but its the point of do i have the time as im moving to bristol in the next couple of months, i might put it on ebay for £2500 and see if she goes

·
Premium Member
1,279 Posts
Has the cat c been repaired? And is it a trophy by any chance?

If the above is yes then i think you should get £2500 no problem.
I would advertise it on here in the fir sale section before putting it on the fleebay. You'll probably find that someone will buy it from here as word of mouth gets round.
Be sure to put plenty of pics up tho.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yea its a trophy, only thing wrong with it is it needs a o2 sensor i have a pair to go with it and it has a worn bush on the wishbone i have 2 new ones to go with it other than that the body just needs a little tlc as it has a dent on the passanger door

·
Premium Member
1,279 Posts
Then I would say put it up for sale on here, if you have all the parts and there's just a dent on the body to sort out, I would think someone from here could buy it.

When you advertise it say it's a trophy and what number it is.

I've got a trophy and if I had the coin I might have had it for spares.
I wouldn't be surprised if that's what someone will do.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts