Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As above, I had my car serviced on Friday before it went for a stage1 map on Saturday and while it was serviced they done a health check and found that the passenger cv boot clip was broken and it would cost me £33 for them to fix, ha I don't think so!

So today I decided to take the wheel of and fix it myself with a zip tie, but as there I'd very little room the tie won't last long as it catches when the wheel turns!

Does anyone know where I can purchase a clip from without paying an arm and a leg?? The zip tie will do for now but it will need a proper clip.

Thanks in advance.

sent from my Xperia arc

·
Premium Member
2,462 Posts
Car spares shop for around £2-£3

Some don't fit because the gap inbertween the joint and hub:

my car was off the road for 1 week trying to make it not catch etc!!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
this is the same for me, took mine in for a service and they said that it needed a cv boot clip £33 and track control arm £90 and a tie rod for the headlight control unit, i said no as the car will be laid up now until spring, they said they need to do the work as a matter of safety, more like they had no work in, i said again that the car is getting laid up, and once spring is over i probably wont have the car as i want rid of it soon, had to sign a disclaimer

·
Premium Member
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The boot is ok just needs a new clip, found loads on eBay only a few quid for about 5, result ;)

sent from my Xperia arc

·
Registered
86 Posts
I had the same problem, but both my clips were missing. Brought two clips off ebay for about £5 delivered. you will need the right crimping tool to fit them, as the space between the joint and the hub is so small. I brought a cheap one of these also off ebay for about £9, it crimps it tight and pushed it flat at the same time

1 - 7 of 7 Posts