Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Club Member
7,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On bedford evo test the RS Focus lapped at 1.30.8, the R26r lapped at 1.27.0 , Clio 200 lapped at 1.31.8 , the 250 cup 1.29.9 so just wondered where an R26 would come.

cheers steve

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
On bedford evo test the RS Focus lapped at 1.30.8, the R26r lapped at 1.27.0 , Clio 200 lapped at 1.31.8 , the 250 cup 1.29.9 so just wondered where an R26 would come.

cheers steve
Good question. EVO had some reasonable Megane (Not R26) data on the older West circuit before they changed to the new Pif Paf layout.

The data you have is on the latest West circuit and I would pop the R26 in at about 1:29.5 – 1:30.5

Other stuff:

The heavy Focus RS suffers a bit on the short West circuit and the 250 could have done better.

EVO ran the R26 V 350Z at Cadwell with similar times, so a 1:30 at Bedford West is about right and on par with a 350Z.

When EVO group tested the R26 it managed a 1:36 on the old Bedford West but it was wet and beat a VXR by 2 secs and a Type R by 5 secs. LSD.....

·
Club Member
7,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Erm interseting mate, i wonder how the R26 would do with a set of 888s on, i dont want to start a what if thread mate just wondered,

cheers steve

·
Club Member
7,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not trying anything salty, i didnt know if he had one or not , he seems to know an awfull lot about them

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
No other ideas on the time then
Maybe I just nailed it.

888s on an R26 on the West? Depends on circuit conditions and if you roll out onto track with cold tyres - zero or negative benefit. Hot 888 rubber should be worth 1-2 secs on a dry West circuit.

Do you think I could use some red wheel trims?

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Maybe I just nailed it.

888s on an R26 on the West? Depends on circuit conditions and if you roll out onto track with cold tyres - zero or negative benefit. Hot 888 rubber should be worth 1-2 secs on a dry West circuit.

Do you think I could use some red wheel trims?

WHAT! after ticking the `uprated wheel trims` option on the twister,
you would be willing to spoil all its understated grace with some crass max power additions.

You would also be knocking pence off the value from such a concourse example.

Loving the new side profile by the way.

In the words of the love walrus...`i love you just the way you are`..

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
WHAT! after ticking the `uprated wheel trims` option on the twister,
you would be willing to spoil all its understated grace with some crass max power additions.

You would also be knocking pence off the value from such a concourse example.

Loving the new side profile by the way.

In the words of the love walrus...`i love you just the way you are`..
Your right of course.... it’s just I’ve had some Xmas Halfords money and I was tempted with the red rattle can.

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Your right of course.... it’s just I’ve had some Xmas Hal fords money and I was tempted with the red rattle can.
Then come on man!

Clear your head of all that Xmas Drambuie and use that standard issue £10 for a set of the classic,and in no means tacky furry dice.

understated class.

That will give the Clio boys something to think about.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts