Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember back cliosort.net their was a thread about this asking where's the 'sweet spot'' so basically what gear and what speed feels the best when putting your foot down?

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
I don't know If there is a sweet spot as such. The clio (from what I've read) seems to need a thrashing to make it move. The meg picks up so easily but drops off boost high up the rev range.

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
I remember the 5k kick from my old 182...Good old days :(

It's still there in 3rd in the meg. Just not as prominent as it's more progressive and even. If you get me?

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
It's still there in 3rd in the meg. Just not as prominent as it's more progressive and even. If you get me?
You get nothing high up the rev range IMO. Everything seems so relaxed and smooth I find myself pinging the limiter in 3rd expecting more. Things happen much lower down - That kick in 3rd for example.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
I'm with tom, defo 2nd gear at 3k for me with 3rd at 3k a close 2nd. My car is stock at the mo though so mapped cars will vary quite a bit I'd imagine

·
Registered
98 Posts
The sweet spots definitely when you sell it at 28,000 miles, ie- just before its ready for the breakers yard!

Bye the way, this is meant as a joke before I get a torrent of abuse!

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
I presume you mean just before the bang? lmao. I can imagine that would be pretty good, better without the bang though. Getting more and more tempted to save up for forged bits first lol

·
Registered
687 Posts
1st gear at the top of the rev range because Myne let's of wicked bangs lol but performance wise definitely 3rd gear as said before it's a very long and capable gear.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts