Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have had my window regulator go on my 07 r26 meg on 40k and as far as i know it is the first one to break. After looking through pervious posts on here i noticed that renault do a 4 year warrenty on them, but the owners that have got the work done phoned customer services and agreed a percentage to be paid. Is this renault uk customer services or their local renault dearlership customer services that the owners would of phoned as i thought i would try my luck before i go and spend up to £350 trying to fix it myself..

Thanks for any info
Chris

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont mind fixing it myself (would prefer to) , i was just thinking if i could get the part paid for me instead of me forking out up to £350

thanks for replying MJ

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
The reg will be fine, just soaked so the contacts are probably shorting. There's a how to guide on here mate. I did mine not long ago. You need to strip the door card off to get to the motor and reg. Strip the reg from the motor. Fuly dry everything out. Re assemble with **** loads of non conductive grease and insulation tape to act as a waterproof. Test it's working then re hang the door card etc.

·
Meganesport Area Rep - South West
6,404 Posts
just been it done ive seen one megane where the door panel melted due to the reg shorting with water.
its a 7 yrs warrenty but renault will only pay 62% of the cost any dealer will do it

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
The reg will be fine, just soaked so the contacts are probably shorting. There's a how to guide on here mate. I did mine not long ago. You need to strip the door card off to get to the motor and reg. Strip the reg from the motor. Fuly dry everything out. Re assemble with **** loads of non conductive grease and insulation tape to act as a waterproof. Test it's working then re hang the door card etc.
ive done this aswell, mine died so i followed the regulator guide, worked a treat free of charge, just a little elbow grease :).

·
Registered
54 Posts
i paid £180 for renault fix the window problem, they pay 75% of the bill if its the reg but they just said it was the wiring that corroded

1 - 7 of 7 Posts